Do you have AAA and is it worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I could have used it the other day. I locked my keys in the trunk and it took me two hours to get them out.

Also wore out my new can opener!

Legend

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think most of these services use the same guys. So probably not a big deal. But 3A does at least have some kind of a reputation to defend where the others come and go or change ownership. So that may be worth a little bit.
I’ve had the mid-range package for years. They gave me the upgrade for free. I probably use it once a year for a jump or tire change. Another reason I keep it is they also gave me a free added member so I carry my oldest granddaughter on it. She’s in college and it gives me some peace of mind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's like a security blanket. You may never need it, but it will save your butt if you do. IMHO YES! I had it until we got USAA insurance. We dropped it, because USAA provides us all the benefits that AAA does.
Same here, plus we are a Good Sam member so we get coverage not only on our vehicle from USAA, we get coverage to towing, flats, etc from Good Sam on the RV.
Never have used any of them, but its like having your favorite blanky wrapped around you.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day when I was traveling all over in a 1 ton I had the gold membership.
It was very useful. While I had emergency road service on my vehicle insurance it was a PITA
Pay the guy, take receipt to agent, get a check. Much easier to flash the card.
Especially if I was out somewhere with no cash or CC.
This fall if my daughter goes off to college, I'm going to sign up. You get 2 cards, so 1 for us and 1 for her.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had it forever and have used it a bunch. Wife insists we keep it, she does most of the traveling these days, sisters in MO and KS. Be aware it does not have to be your vehicle, you only need to be a "passenger" to have the vehicle covered.

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had it for several years and use it every year for one reason or another. Pay a little extra and get the extended mileage tow, i think the regular is only good for likr in town. I've use it for dead battery, key locked inside, disabled vehicle. They are promp and curteous and it's good for any vehicle your in, even as a passenger. Does not have to be yours. You get 5 service calls per year. I wouldn't be without it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom