DO you keep your OAL the same for each bullet weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance Jensen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the OAL depends on the caliber, right?

So since Lance mentioned an OAL of 1.15, how did he know the OP was talking about 9mm? :scratch:

1.15 is the max length out of the small frame glock. I did make the assumtion he was talking about 9 & .40 calibers.

Also I never had any luck with 124 gr bullets. Just couldn't get acceptable groups. I loaded my 147's at 1.13, but I think every barrel is different.

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an interesting article, referring to rifle OAL but still relevant.

http://www.larrywillis.com/OAL.html

I just started reloading and was loading some .223 this evening and tried the trick of the slots in a piece of brass. The reloading handbook shows the length of a shell at 2.26 inches and a min. oal of 2.2 for the particular load I was using. The test showed a length of 2.28 on my rifle. Good info. Thanks.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps we should patent it and sell em!

I just started reloading and was loading some .223 this evening and tried the trick of the slots in a piece of brass. The reloading handbook shows the length of a shell at 2.26 inches and a min. oal of 2.2 for the particular load I was using. The test showed a length of 2.28 on my rifle. Good info. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom