Do you like airplanes !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think we have kinda hijacked this thread! I have thousands of pics from all the times at Oshkosh, once at Sun & Fun and many other airshows. I used to be President of Oklahoma Pilots Association years ago. We took GA planes to Will Rogers several times for the Aerospace America.
I don’t know, unless the OP has an isssue, I see pics of airplanes!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess we kinda' did. He he he he .... The folks in Life Support loved me!

T-38 flight.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My grandpa had a home built that took 7 years to build. I think my dad only went over to work on the plane(before he and mom were married). Dad had his license and would rent a plane while grandpa flew his. We attended many fly-ins when I was a kid. Here’s dad and I in about 67. We flew til I was about 13. Grandpa got to old and plane rental got to expensive.
C6620955-61A2-4D3C-9A4A-6923D7D6C703.jpeg

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never got to ride in a P38 but a friend of mine who was chief mechanic for Miss America also did maintenance on White Lightning before it was in a crash. So I got to sit in it, can't find any pictures of it tho, that was before cell phone cameras!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the performance was just huge in those and I believe at one point they experimented with contra rotating props which made them even better. Too many issues with it though and made things a little too complex.

Last edited:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe they had counter rotating props, this made neither engine "critical", they tried same rotation for both engines and the prop wash over the tail made the plane almost uncontrollable. This is from memory ;) what little I remember

Latest posts

Top Bottom