Do you like airplanes !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
cosmosr71.JPG

As mentioned before, Kansas Cosmosphere in Hutchinson. Space and aeronautical museum. It's a one day trip.
https://cosmo.org/visit

Last edited:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always like aviation; skydived a bit, owned a powered parachute. Didn't have the money to buy or fly "real" airplanes.
Always had a fascination with helicopters, even seriously looked into kits many years ago.

Finally decided to go the gyroplane route, it's still has things that go 'round, and built this.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy that was First Air Cav in a OH-6 Loach. He said their patch was Snoopy and they were called Snoopy Scouts

They did the hunter killer missions. He said he was shot down 5 times and finally got his 100% disability in 2000.
I don't recall him mentioning Snoopy, but he flew Loaches in hunter-killer teams. We always figured he wasn't sane enough to fly the Cobras.

I don't supposed your buddy was from Pott County?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't recall him mentioning Snoopy, but he flew Loaches in hunter-killer teams. We always figured he wasn't sane enough to fly the Cobras.

I don't supposed your buddy was from Pott County?
Nope, he still lives in Mustang. He said the pilots all fought over him because he was the best door gunner.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If'n I ever win the lottery, this will be one of the first things I buy....

View attachment 149140

Cessna Skymaster. I've always liked 'quirky'!
I saw one of those flying over Tulsa a few weeks ago. I always liked those - I remember when I was in sixth grade I'd see one regularly passing over the school at recess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom