Do you like airplanes !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know where there are 4 of these in 1 hangar.

616.jpg

Micheal J Fox's is one of the owners. Or was, I haven't been there for 24 years.

Took a factory tour of Beechcraft in 1983 or 1984 at Wichita and saw one of these Starships in the Prototype Manufacturing Process. Cool airplane that never sold like they thought it would.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_Starship

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know where there are 4 of these in 1 hangar.

616.jpg

Micheal J Fox's is one of the owners. Or was, I haven't been there for 24 years.

I was in the yard several years ago and heard an 'odd' sounding aircraft. Looked up and saw one of these flying fairly low. It was heading towards the Norman airport. First and only time I've seen the real thing. There's supposedly very few of these in flyable condition.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the yard several years ago and heard an 'odd' sounding aircraft. Looked up and saw one of these flying fairly low. It was heading towards the Norman airport. First and only time I've seen the real thing. There's supposedly very few of these in flyable condition.
Weird. Years ago, a buddy and I drove out to see a Starship that was parked at Max Westheimer. I wonder if it was the same one. It's not like there were very many of them...

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always like aviation; skydived a bit, owned a powered parachute. Didn't have the money to buy or fly "real" airplanes.
Always had a fascination with helicopters, even seriously looked into kits many years ago.

Finally decided to go the gyroplane route, it's still has things that go 'round, and built this.

Yea I think I'll stay away from those. Wife and I were out at Page a few years ago running our dogs when I heard one fire up on the other side of the hangers. Could not believe he was trying to fly, wind was 35 + gusting 55+. Saw him over hanger fighting the wind was losing ground and going backwards. Next thing he turned downwind and turned over the top of us and he was fighting it hard. Gyro started flopping around and he hit the ground tumbling. Rotor hit him in back of helmet and shoulder, I don't think there was a bone not broken including neck, back, shoulders, arms, legs. He was dead instantly I believe. Wasn't anything I could do for him. What was really sad was his occupation. Helicopter crash investigator for the FAA!

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There is another aircraft that looks similar, the P180 Avanti by Piaggio

Avanti_EVO_6_t.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this video and was hooked on the Phenom 300. To get up to the point where you are above the clouds and it's super quiet because the air is so thin. I would take a trip just to be away from everything.

How about flying like the upper 10 % of business people fly?
From Australia to Abu Dhabi.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Beech Starship broke ground for many things in aviation. First certificated composite aircraft, first glass panel, to mention a few. I believe Beech lost a lot of money on the Starship and became concerned about a few issues they had with it and management decided to buy back all of them and scrap them. They got most but several people with money decided to keep theirs. I think Beech tried to sue a couple but gave up. There is no parts etc available form Beech. The Avanti is successful but not a lot of demand in the USA. There was one based at Wiley Post but I don't know if it's still there. I moved to Page a few years ago and don't go there much any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom