Do you open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I slightly remember and may even be wrong on a few details of an incident in public during the day some years ago where this guy was in line to get checked out at the Homeland on 91st and south Memorial when 2 masked robbers came in in broad daylight to rob the office. They beat one of the managers within earshot of people and then they came out and began telling every one to get on the ground, only the guy with the concealed gun didn't, he pulled his gun and shot one of them and then held his gun on the other til the cops showed up. Later it was all over the news with a lot of people calling the guy a 'hero'. I may have been a member here when it happened so it maybe wasn't more than 8 years ago.

Good memory! I did a Google search and found this. I copied it from the Tulsa Sportbike Riders forum but it's originally from the Tulsa World:

Robbers still on loose
By Staff Reports
3/20/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

Police on Sunday continued to search for a pair of men who attempted to rob a Homeland store near 91st Street and Memorial Drive on Saturday evening. One of those men was shot during the robbery attempt.

Police said that about 7:15 p.m, two men approached store employees and demanded money, as one of the men brandished what appeared to be a semi-automatic handgun.

Witnesses said that the men were trying to force their way into a gated office area where a safe was located.

As the two men were demanding money, a customer waiting in line nearby pulled out a revolver and fired at least once, striking the man armed with the handgun, police said.

Police said the armed robber was hit, but that they were not certain how seriously he was wounded or where, because he and the other man fled the scene and had not been located.

The robbers fled into the parking lot and drove away in a white, four-door car, possibly an Oldsmobile, police said.

The customer who reportedly shot the man was licensed to carry a firearm and had not been arrested following the shooting, police said.

The men who attempted to rob the store were described as wearing dark clothing, possibly hooded sweatshirts, at the time of the robbery, police said.

Anyone with information about the crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 596-COPS. Callers can remain anonymous, and the Crime Commission pays cash rewards for information that leads to the arrest of anyone who commits a felony crime.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You say they should take advanced training, I totally agree. Where are classes held for advanced training? Where are the best places to take such advanced classes?

The Defensive shooting academy in Tulsa is the # 1 place I would go.
You will shoot a minimum of 1000 rounds in training exercises during a 2 day course. I am scheduled to attend this class. https://www.tdsatulsa.com/assets/header/tdsa_header.png

Other great school is Badlands. http://badlandstactical.org/instructors/bobby-whittington/

Shoot-N-Iron Practical shooting complex is another. A Friend took this class and give's it a A+.
http://www.shoot-n-iron.com/SIinfo.asp

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom