Do you open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That could be. Not all criminals are crazy though.

No doubt...not all crazy people are criminals, either.

Not debating you, just giving my reasoning: if some 'crazy' person (I think most violent criminals must have some level of crazy in them) looks for a first target I don't want to be the guy.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way. But, I have started wearing a shoulder holster this winter under my coat and the problem of whether to take my coat off or leave it on now in a restaurant, at a friends house or my moms house, etc has already popped up several times. My moms house is no problem as I can just hang it in her closet while there. Several friends have kids so I left it on last time there and then left the gun in the car at another friends house whose woman is not cool with them.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ohh , just depends, sometimes I just don't want to bother with complete conceal, sometime , I just like to see the looks on theyre faces/reactions..ha

I think a lot of people open carry for this "shock" factor...I don't get it.

I've never carried to get reactions out of people, in fact, I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of Micheal Browns sticky on the old OSA front page saying, "is your gun a talisman or a weapon".

Fantastic article. Is it still available on OSA?

I wouldn't hesitate to oc on my property or in rural areas and even bought a Safariland retention holster "just in case" but prefer cc otherwise. The only benefit I can see to oc for me would be comfort. I do carry owb more frequently because I don't worry about printing or exposing the firearm.

I've only seen a couple of open carriers. The first one was at Sam's in Tulsa carrying a 1911 in a nice looking holster. Since I was bored and just hanging out while my wife shopped, I shadowed the open carrier to watch how others reacted to him. No one seemed to notice and if they did they didn't care. It was a total nonevent.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since OCing, the dozen cops I've talked with when our paths crossed have all been supportive. Each has stated they'd like to see more open carrying. Never thought to ask them why. Will do so the next time it occurs.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least a dozen a day come in our store. never a problem.
I think most OC'ers are in a certain social/economic class
of blue collar workers. I say this as almost all wear the same
type/style of clothes and are in their 50's-60's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom