Do you open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the time in WA. Never an issue. The key is SA and a proper holster. I haven't seen as much OC here in OK as WA, but I may restart soon. CC slows my reaction time down at least 5 seconds compared to OC. As they say time is money. Plus my shirt is always tucked in so it would be a struggle to get it out, and I HATE inside the waist band. Way too uncomfortable for me.
Read this, he articulates it far better than me:
https://forums.usacarry.com/threads/the-open-carry-argument.7230/

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t even carry. Just never bothered with it. So it’s like a man having an opinion on abortion.

Open carrying without a retention holster is foolish. The kinds of people that will snatch your pistol are smarter than you might think. They can gauge your speed, reflexes, pick up any movement patterns, and figure out your level of awareness. Then it’s no problem. While you’re enjoying your day off, they might be on a mission. That puts you behind no matter who you are.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t even carry. Just never bothered with it. So it’s like a man having an opinion on abortion.

Open carrying without a retention holster is foolish. The kinds of people that will snatch your pistol are smarter than you might think. They can gauge your speed, reflexes, pick up any movement patterns, and figure out your level of awareness. Then it’s no problem. While you’re enjoying your day off, they might be on a mission. That puts you behind no matter who you are.

I feel retention of some sort is a must

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF I was ever to open carry it would be with a safariland ALS holster as somebody here had recommended years ago. Awhile back in Claremore Wal-Mart I saw a man open carrying a Glock 19/23 in a leather belt slide holster, no retention. With three extra mags on his left side too. He wasn't LE.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CC for me but I also dont overly stress about printing or my shirt coming up when I reach for something.
My "excuse" is I'm a tall dude, and even tall shirts often arent really all that tall...so if I reach for much of anything my belt is showing. Pretty hard to 100% conceal carry and be mobile with shirts that are rarely long enough.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago, one of my employees had an encounter with a neighbor that ended up with the neighbor DRT in the employees yard. This guy had been threatening the family for several months with text messages, signs in their yard, etc. my employee had kept all of the messages, photos of signs, recordings, all kinds of solid evidence. This particular night, employee and friends were playing pool in the garage, bad guy shows up, cussing, waving a gun around. Situation escalates and bad guy is dropped. Employee spent the night in jail. After close to $100,000 in attorney fees, all is made right. Lesson to be learned is, even if you are right, it can still create problems, so think before you get involved.
What county and state please?

Latest posts

Top Bottom