Do you prefer 3,4 or 5 mags for your pistols?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I keep remembering this story:

Why One Cop Carries 145 Rounds of Ammo on the Job

Sadly, I won't survive long if the same ever happens to me...

...but then, I'm not a cop.

It took all that to convince that cop that 9mm is the superior choice for someone on duty. More ammo is ALWAYS better for anyone who serves. The military doesn't use 308 in patrol rifles or a good reason. For a lone home invader, a 45 obviously has a lot of stopping power, but I think more ammo is better in that scenario too...you never know how crazy a situation may become.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After sig p6 mags became impossible to find, and only having one colt m1908 mag... I try to get at least 5 for things I like and want to keep. I have a lot more for ars, sigs, xds, and glocks where I can share mags.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took all that to convince that cop that 9mm is the superior choice for someone on duty. More ammo is ALWAYS better for anyone who serves. The military doesn't use 308 in patrol rifles or a good reason. For a lone home invader, a 45 obviously has a lot of stopping power, but I think more ammo is better in that scenario too...you never know how crazy a situation may become.

They do not carry 308 rifles and went to the 9mm to give half trained troops more ammo to waste. Look I carry 9mms too, but if I had the time and money for more training and lots of practice I would be carrying 45s.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do not carry 308 rifles and went to the 9mm to give half trained troops more ammo to waste. Look I carry 9mms too, but if I had the time and money for more training and lots of practice I would be carrying 45s.

yes, i know...they don't carry 308 (yeah yeah, 7.62)...I had a typo that said "or" that should have said "for"...point was, more ammo can be carried and magazine larger on 5.56.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rich boys.
You probably buy store ammo also.
I have 1 magazine for each of my guns.
I'm not rich. Having a Taurus G2c helps, though. The last three magazines I picked up were at pawn shops. I spotted them when the bright yellow follower caught my eye. I got two 11 round magazines (they're supposed to be 12 but I can't get that last round in!) for $30 and a 17 round G3 magazine that works with my G2c for $13. Those magazines retail for $36 each.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is just the box in the linen closet under the towels. There’s more in the gun safe and some tucked away in the tool box in the tornado shelter. And done forget your speed loaders for your revolvers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom