Do you prefer 3,4 or 5 mags for your pistols?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you might have gotten out of the situation with 15-30 rounds but you might have had to leave a magazine or two in an area where they can't be retreived. If you can't replace them you are now down to 15 rounds the next time......might be a good idea to have plenty of spares.
Oh, I thought we were just talking about how many we carry on our person.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rich boys.
You probably buy store ammo also.
I have 1 magazine for each of my guns.

If I need more ammo I will put it in my pocket rolled up in a paper towel.
That is just when I go out in the woods hunting.

I may be odd duck out because I do not carry.
I have been shot at as a kid and had 3 hooligans point their pistols in my face when I was about 11.
Asked me if I was ready to die. I told them NOPE I have a lot more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I need to eat.

That was in Moore OK. Both times.

I should want to carry but I do not.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me, ideal is however many vehicles you own plus 3.

One in each vehicle = 2
One in the pistol = 1
Two to carry = 2

So, for me, 5 is the ideal number to have. I also rotate out the ammo that stays in the vehicle --- especially in the summer.

:anyone:

Good explanation

ha!

I try to have 3-4 minimum for things like my P365 EDC, 6+ for crossovers like my P229 and 10+ for SHTF/TEOTWAWKI gear like my P226. The 226 mags work in the 229 so I figure it makes sense to have more of those. I leave a spare P226 mag in my nightstand/gunvault and a couple in the truck so I can take my P229 or P226 and still be covered. Other than "lots" I don't know the correct answer.

Good explanation, same thing applies to glock

I only have 35 magazines for my Glock 19. I either need another Glock 19 or another magazine.

get a few G17 mags

Nice try ATF...

No that would be more like "Hey guys, how many mags do you have for your AR's?" LOL

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bunch of glocks and a bunch of mags too. I can use the bigger mags in all my pistols. Then I have several for my G26. The more I can get the better. That goes for this and ammo too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom