Do you register your firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger's customer service was fantastic in the late 90's. Was missing a sideplate for a mini 14, they sent me one no charge. The rep I talked to was a real gun guy, new the products, spent over 15 minutes on the phone with him, most of it was talking about mini 14's and mini 30's. I have bought Rugers since then when they have offered a product I wanted. Did I fill out a warranty card after my last new purchase? Yes I did. It doesn't matter anymore. If nothing happens I want to be able to get a firearm repaired w/o hassle.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At first, I’d register my all my new guns. But now I don’t anymore. I’m kinda sketchy about having my gun shipped back to the manufacturer plus the turn around time for service or repairs. im more comfortable doing my own work on them and I honestly havent run into any issues that I couldn’t fix myself. If that were to happen, I’d probably just bite the bullet (no pun intended) and take it to a gunsmith.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sending in the card serves for 1 major purpose; product RECALL. When a recall is issued, registered owners are contacted first.

I have sent in 1 card. I received a recall letter , along with a claim number, return authorization and estimated time for repair and return.

IF I were to buy a NEW firearm, I WOULD send the card in.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a FN used and found out it had a recall on it. Called CS and they sent me the address label. Took it to fedex . FN fixed it and got it back . Very nice to deal with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom