Do You Use a Patch Loop or a JAG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a variety. Bore snakes for quick cleaning of chrome bores especially my ARs. Bore mop and jag for thorough cleaning of prized pieces like my Garands. Loops for my pistols etc...

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer loops and feel like I get better cleaning when I can pull the patch back and forth several times much quicker than with the JAG. I also use a brush with some ballistol on it first to go back and forth several times before using a patch too.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brushes and jags on just about everything, I will use a bore snake on my shotgun on quick cleanings and normally do a detailed clean on it before hunting season and after when it goes back in the safe.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer loops and feel like I get better cleaning when I can pull the patch back and forth several times much quicker than with the JAG. I also use a brush with some ballistol on it first to go back and forth several times before using a patch too.

Mostly you’re just pulling crud back in to the chamber like that. The idea is to get the crud out, not just stir it up.

But you know that...I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom