Do you want a war? This is how you get a war.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, the only reason we stayed in the Middle East was to generate continued profits for the 'military/industrial' complex.
The first year of a conflict is to 'field test' new weapon platforms. The second year is to test the upgrades found to be needed from the first year. After that, it's just keeping the production going and the shareholder happy.
trekrok and Chuckie - precisely my point, we were "told" one thing, while our "leaders" did something else. Instead of going there, killing people and breaking things like a military should we lingered for 20 years. Now the very people we were fighting against are back in control. Even worse china is better off, gaining access to oil, gemstones, precious metals and rare earths. There are many similarities with Ukraine at an accelerated pace (over Iraq and Afghanistan) and the much stronger possibility of Nuclear Conflict. Zelenski is getting a 0%, $0 "loan" and the only real investment is the Gov't (ours) is buying war goods from US companies.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
What sense does playing nuclear chicken to see what thug in a track suit runs the Crimea?
How can anyone make an informed decision, about anything, when we all know we can not believe a single word the news media says? Does freedom of press mean freedom to print/broadcast what ever, point of view, the news media corporation BOSS wants to hear? If we ever had REAL JOURNALIST, which I serously doubt, what happened to them? They likely lost their job, and were black listed, for not doing what they were told? As bad as I HATE to agree with Creepy Joe, the only thing I'm sure of is, Russia, invaded Ukraine! I can't see any way they can justify that?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the US strategy in ukraine versus russia? The only strategy we have seen is send them a lot of money and some really kewl toys.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What sense does playing nuclear chicken to see what thug in a track suit runs the Crimea?
I don't believe we have much to fear when it comes to Russian nuclear weapons (both tactical and strategic). I'm betting that, like the rest of Vlad's military hardware, their nukes have been stolen, sold, or left to degrade to the point of being worthless.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If russia was losing there would be no reason to send Tanks, more money or escalating this. We are being lied to.
Governments are being pressured by their citizens to send tanks to Ukraine, in the same way that the US was pressured (by anti-war freaks) to get out of Vietnam. Governments may be lying to their peasants, but military hardware being sent to Ukraine is because of politics, not because of battlefield losses or gains.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe we have much to fear when it comes to Russian nuclear weapons (both tactical and strategic). I'm betting that, like the rest of Vlad's military hardware, their nukes have been stolen, sold, or left to degrade to the point of being worthless.
Nukes, in spite of the amount of physics needed to calculate the possibility of detonation, geometry of the cores and yield of nuclear reactions are relatively simple devices. I would think a majority in any nations stockpile would go "boom" on command even after decades of storage. We are not talking about a fuel injected, computer controlled, battery started Honda Civic in a garage for 20 years. Also the design is made to account for storage and maintenance over decades. I do worry about every player on the table (or beside it and underneath). It's not just putin playing. You may be right but IMHO not worth the risk, and we as a nation will get nothing out of it except poorer and weaker.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Putin is gone, who will take over? Who will have control of the nukes? He had diplomatic relations with us for decades and wasn't unstable...he will only be our enemy if we make him. That's how I see it anyway.

Didn't we invade the sovereign country of Iraq because we were worried about weapons? Well Putin invaded because he didn't want bio-labs and NATO missles on his border. Invasion to prevent the threat of weapons of mass-destruction...It's okay if WE do it.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
- Our leaders knew that there was no reasonable way to win a religious or tribal based war that has been going on in the Middle East for 100's is not for 1,000's of years.
- The first year of the conflict was to 'field test' new weapon platforms. The second year was to test the upgrades that were found to be needed. After that, it was just keeping the production lines going in order to keep the shareholders happy.
- Eventually the masses lost interest in supporting an 'endless' war that produced no tangible results or benefits.
It also gave the military practice controlling urbanized populations and dealing with insurgencies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom