Does anybody here allow their children to handle guns unsupervised?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could anybody here hang a loaded and un-padlocked rifle or shotgun above the front door with minors living in the home and have no fear that something bad would happen? Do any or all of these bad things we hear about on TV regarding children and school shootings/mass shootings happen because these children were not trained in gun safety? I'm trying to get into the minds of today's American youth to see how differently they tick from the minds of generations past. Should I ask a child shrink these sorts of questions? It's not about guns. It's about why people do bad things with guns. Some antis argue that people do bad things with guns because guns were within the reach of those who shouldn't touch guns. Their solution is to take guns away from everybody so "bad people can't touch them". Taking guns away from everybody is like trying to cure brain cancer with two aspirin. It doesn't address the issue of bad minds, the root of all troubles, to begin with.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did not have a gun safe or any locked up guns and had 2 boys and 1 daughter in the house that knew all about them and have shot all my guns.
From the time they were old enough to hold one and load it I had them shooting.

Same goes for my neighbor who had 3 daughters.
There were always guns on the kitchen table as the young kids were growing up.

Nothing exotic just a weapon and our kids knew exactly the damage the guns could inflict.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
553bcda0-f4be-47af-a14c-a11f0bc4e4e5.b1b07fc9c9281403819804017d5ccbf7.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the shootings are nothing to do with gun safety but more to do with mindset of a child that has had quite enough
of the bullying and BS and feels death is better than living at some point.
Many of us here have been to a point where you thought that is quite enough.

I was mean enough with my fists to fix bullying and got kicked out of every Moore School for fighting.
I never started the fight but I sure ended it and it was a chore to get me to stop destroying the bully . So I looked like the bad guy
because I went ape S*** on him.
I was always much smaller than the bully .. Not that it mattered.

Today I feel kids are not as tough and need a gun.
I also feel teachers will not stop the bullying as there is not much they can do really and after school you can't rely on an adult or teacher.
It happens that way and probably always will.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not have a gun safe or any locked up guns and had 2 boys and 1 daughter in the house that knew all about them and have shot all my guns.
From the time they were old enough to hold one and load it I had them shooting.

Same goes for my neighbor who had 3 daughters.
There were always guns on the kitchen table as the young kids were growing up.

Nothing exotic just a weapon and our kids knew exactly the damage the guns could inflict.
Ok, so the children in your midst were properly trained on gun safety and raised right. That's good. A gun safe or a gun lock is no substitute for bad parenting. A gun safe or gun lock just tells kids that "I can't trust you with firearms because I'm a bad parent". I agree. Children don't do bad things because guns were just there. Children do bad things because they were not raised right. That's what the Left doesn't seem to understand.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid, they didn't have all the violent R rated movies in theaters and TV. We never thought of hurting someone unless they hurt or threatened us. We devised games, mechanical devices, reconfigured bicycles, built things that no kid today would be interested in or think of... Today the movies have all kinds of violence along with video games and it somehow strikes a chord in some kid's minds and they are numb to the orst kind of activity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom