Does anybody here allow their children to handle guns unsupervised?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
baby troll.jpg

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 6 boys. All know how to safely use firearms, and I have no problem letting them use them when they need to. I keep them locked up because my kids are not always the only ones at my house. Most of the children's friends have guns in their houses, but I do not trust that they have been properly trained to use them.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even older kids are a potential problem (21 plus not living at home). Maybe I am cynical, but giving them a firearm can have unintended consequences, a bad girlfriend or boyfriend or spouse, if the firearm is a gift and can be traced back to you in an unforeseen event, now you have a legal problem. Give the gift of money for a firearm, leave family heirlooms to them post mortem.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even older kids are a potential problem (21 plus not living at home). Maybe I am cynical, but giving them a firearm can have unintended consequences, a bad girlfriend or boyfriend or spouse, if the firearm is a gift and can be traced back to you in an unforeseen event, now you have a legal problem. Give the gift of money for a firearm, leave family heirlooms to them post mortem.
Oh, it gets worse than that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom