Does anybody here allow their children to handle guns unsupervised?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have always had 2-4 guns out around the house. The only time I ever locked them up is when I knew my kid would be home alone (or unsupervised) with one of his friends. Just never know what another kid might do if he comes across a gun and is unfamiliar w/ them.

Leggett71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have always had 2-4 guns out around the house. The only time I ever locked them up is when I knew my kid would be home alone (or unsupervised) with one of his friends. Just never know what another kid might do if he comes across a gun and is unfamiliar w/ them.
My father ran my 2 brothers & I through the NRA gun safety course multiple times to instill in us safe handling before he let us touch a firearm / go hunting with him. But Loaded guns around our house was a norm.
Never had an issue.
We hunted before school, had a rifle or pistol in our car at school & so did most of my friends at school. At college guys had their deer rifles and the rifle team target rifles in the dorm.
Only time we heard gunshots on campus was at Silver Taps.

Leggett71
TAMU

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1638930647932.png
1638930647932.png
1638930647932.png

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father ran my 2 brothers & I through the NRA gun safety course multiple times to instill in us safe handling before he let us touch a firearm / go hunting with him. But Loaded guns around our house was a norm.
Never had an issue.
We hunted before school, had a rifle or pistol in our car at school & so did most of my friends at school. At college guys had their deer rifles and the rifle team target rifles in the dorm.
Only time we heard gunshots on campus was at Silver Taps.

Leggett71
TAMU
Not sure if you are following what I stated. My kid has gone through gun safety courses as well. He has been around loaded guns all his life and I have never worried about him. The only time I locked guns up is when his friends where around unattended. Even if they had been around guns (and most had), I did not want the liability of leaving them out.
….and I am talking about at a young age. He’s a senior in high school now. He can take a gun to go shoot anytime with or without his buddies.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bible has been taken out of the home, and pretty much society in general.
I honestly believe that is the cause of all this evil in the world today.
Some call it progress, I call it regression.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I "let" them?? **** no. Did they do it when I wasn't around?? **** yes. ******* teenagers. 🙄🙄🙄

Did I finally catch them?? Well, sure. Forgot something and drive around the block back to the house. Walked in the front door just in time to catch my youngest clearing a handgun so he could hand it to a friend to look at. The only reason that child is still alive is he was using safe gun-handling practices. Otherwise I would have skint him alive, the little ****. He never DID mind too good ... 🤦🤷 I can't fuss too much -- after all he is his mother's child. 😂

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opening presents yesterday and I got a butter knife out for my grandson who will be 3 in late March.
I showed him how to use scissors and a knife months ago.
I gave him the knife to open the present and he did very well with it but all the other adults and his mother freaked out
and tried to take it from him.. I blocked them.
He got it open and handed the butter knife back to me when he was done.

:)
Don't bring your child here if you don't want him to learn how to use tools and do things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom