Does anybody remember an OU employee? demanding that a man wearing a "fake" OU t-shirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a guy at church that was really into OU. EVERY time we saw him, he was "covered" with OU related clothing, all the way from his shirt down to his shoes. We were gone a few years while touring Colorado, Oregon, and Utah before coming back to Oklahoma. Upon our return, we noticed that he wasn't wearing any OU garb at all, and after being back here for about 3 1/2 years, he still isn't wearing OU stuff.

I wonder what made him quit, but I'm not interested enough to ask him.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a guy at church that was really into OU. EVERY time we saw him, he was "covered" with OU related clothing, all the way from his shirt down to his shoes. We were gone a few years while touring Colorado, Oregon, and Utah before coming back to Oklahoma. Upon our return, we noticed that he wasn't wearing any OU garb at all, and after being back here for about 3 1/2 years, he still isn't wearing OU stuff.

I wonder what made him quit, but I'm not interested enough to ask him.

i know a guy like that as well. He and his wife have OU tags, OU flag in the yard, OU mailbox....I don't believe either one attended OU lol.

Why people attach themselves emotionally to a sports team is beyond me. Not much different than those that follow entertainers and the like.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i know a guy like that as well. He and his wife have OU tags, OU flag in the yard, OU mailbox....I don't believe either one attended OU lol.

Why people attach themselves emotionally to a sports team is beyond me. Not much different than those that follow entertainers and the like.
Or blindly follow a political party. I see it all as the same thing, a weird blind team loyalty with no substance.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone refers to a team as "we" while playing no active role in the program. I finally gave my brother a hard time for long enough that he has stopped.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or blindly follow a political party. I see it all as the same thing, a weird blind team loyalty with no substance.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone refers to a team as "we" while playing no active role in the program. I finally gave my brother a hard time for long enough that he has stopped.
I'm with you. The OU fans wearing all the OU regalia without ever attending the school and they talk like they're part of the program and I'm a POS for attending OSU and cheering for my alma mater. When that happens I always think of Shooter McGavin saying "Damn you people. Go back to your shanties."

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with you. The OU fans wearing all the OU regalia without ever attending the school and they talk like they're part of the program and I'm a POS for attending OSU and cheering for my alma mater. When that happens I always think of Shooter McGavin saying "Damn you people. Go back to your shanties."
When I tended bar, I always preferred O State fans to OU on game day. If OU was down at halftime, we would keep a closer eye on the game and see if we needed to hand out tabs before 4th Q started. If OU lost we would have at least a couple of whiny fans walk their tabs in the middle of their tantrum. OSU fans didnt get their tab until they asked for it. Win or lose, they were there for a good time and typically far more respectful. I support whichever Oklahoma school until they play each other and OU fans gave me no choice but to root for OSU, haha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom