Does anyone actually enjoy shooting semi-auto “mouse guns”?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone out there enjoys shooting tiny little .380s and such. Personally I don’t like them… I guess they work as a “get off me gun” for people who wear light clothes with no belt. Nothing else

My dad came out to my place over the weekend, we did some pistol shooting. He brought his LCP, LCP Max, p365( better) etc. he likes small compact guns. Personally i much prefer a Glock 26 or 19 for carry 90% of the time.

Those 2 little LCPs are miserable to shoot, in my opinion. Sharp snappy recoil right into web of hand, poor trigger, difficult to be accurate at distance, etc

My dad hates the “fat grip” double stacks have. All while I’m consistently ringing a 12” gong at 35yds with my Glock 26 and he can’t hit crap past 10yds with that LCP haha!

I also disagree with these little mouse guns often being pushed towards beginner female shooters. Just because they are small, light weight, and sold in pink lol. Truthfully IMO they are one of the hardest handguns to shoot accurately!

It’s a get off me gun.. Slightly more range than just carrying a knife. In this category I’d rather go hammerless .38 snubbie with +p ammo. More versatile IMO

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone out there enjoys shooting tiny little .380s and such. Personally I don’t like them… I guess they work as a “get off me gun” for people who wear light clothes with no belt. Nothing else

My dad came out to my place over the weekend, we did some pistol shooting. He brought his LCP, LCP Max, p365( better) etc. he likes small compact guns. Personally i much prefer a Glock 26 or 19 for carry 90% of the time.

Those 2 little LCPs are miserable to shoot, in my opinion. Sharp snappy recoil right into web of hand, poor trigger, difficult to be accurate at distance, etc

My dad hates the “fat grip” double stacks have. All while I’m consistently ringing a 12” gong at 35yds with my Glock 26 and he can’t hit crap past 10yds with that LCP haha!

I also disagree with these little mouse guns often being pushed towards beginner female shooters. Just because they are small, light weight, and sold in pink lol. Truthfully IMO they are one of the hardest handguns to shoot accurately!

It’s a get off me gun.. Slightly more range than just carrying a knife. In this category I’d rather go hammerless .38 snubbie with +p ammo. More versatile IMO

I have 4 Ravens in 25ACP, a Ruger LCP2 in .380, and a Phoenix HP22a in 22lr.

I actually think they are fun to shot, but with the exception of the LCP2, I wouldn't reccomend them for an EDC gun. I also agree that these are not for a first time shooter. As you said, they are very snappy and not everyone will like them.

Sidenote: The LCP2 has a MUCH better trigger than the LCP. And IMHO is eaiser to manage the recoil due to not having to use a death grip just to pull the trigger.

If your dad hates wide grips he might like a single stack 9 like the Ruger EC9s or LC9s. I have a couple and use them for my normal edc. I use the LCP2 when I need something more concealable.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have an LCP Max and an Sig p365 as well as 2 J Frames. The LCP Max is my least favorite to shoot but probably carried the most often.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I used to think about the same thing about .380s until I watched a clip where a .380 round went through a car windshield at a sharp angle and completely through a 12" od melon. I've worked killings with the PD where the deceased was killed with one. I don't want to be shot with one (or any other gun).

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Life is a compromise. Do you want, smaller-lighter for when you are carrying and not shooting, or bigger-powerful for when you are shooting and not carrying. If you find yourself in trouble, any something you have is better than nothing. I figure I'll just let other people decide for themselves whether they want to base a decision on easier to carry or easier to shoot.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had an LCP for years and I pocket carry it some when other guns aren't convenient. I don't enjoy shooting it at all and typically nowadays only do so a couple times a year when I clean it. I definitely put it in the better than nothing category.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an LCP, and had a KelTec P3AT. I shoot the LCP about once a month, just a couple mags for familiarization. I don't bother with fancy "defense" loads. It's a 380; FMJ for penetration, and be done with it.

I don't enjoy shooting it, but I do carry it (sometimes, anyway) and feel that if I carry it I need to be familiar with it.
The LCP does the job it's designed to do; deep concealment, GOMG (get off me gun). I don't anticipate having to use it, but...

Latest posts

Top Bottom