Does anyone actually enjoy shooting semi-auto “mouse guns”?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most .380 are blowback which have a sharper felt recoil than a similar in size 9mm(my experience).
the little P365 9mm had about the softest felt recoil of any micro I've ever shot. similiar to sub compact Glock 26 & 27 if not less Recoil.
I've shot the keltecs, the Kahrs and a couple others.(again, my experience)
When you say Mouse gun I think of 32acp or 22LR.
You need a Beretta 21a or a Bobcat!!

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I have a pair of mouse-guns that I truly enjoy shooting,,,
These are the 22-PLY and the 25-PLY by Taurus

MouseGuns.JPG

The .22 performs flawlessly with just about any HV ammo,,,
But I feed her primarily Mini-Mags.

The recoil of the Mini-Mags and the .25 ACP is almost identical,,,
Practice with the .22 leads to proficiency with the .25 round.

I limit my targets to those little 4" pie plates at 7 yards,,,
After many many rounds in mag dump practice,,,
I can hit the plate almost every shot.

I also have a Ruger "Elsie Pea" that I shoot in practice,,,
It's not as punishing as many say it is,,,
But it's not a recreational shooter.

The Taurus pistols bring out my inner James Bond.

Aarond

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple I like, my S+W 61-3 is a favorite, my Beretta 21a assembled from a parts kit and a PLA+ printed frame works surprisingly well. On the upper end size wise I always enjoy my S+W 2213 and 2214.

I never really liked my P3AT when it worked.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rohrbaugh made a great little pocket gun. The old Remington company bought Rohrbaugh and made their .380 even better, calling it the RM380.

Great gun out of the box and even better after I put the Galloway Precision spring kit in it. Easy shooting … not the snappy recoil of other .380 pocket guns. And it feeds anything. I primarily shoot Hornady’s 90gr Critical Defense or Freedom Munition’s 100gr RNFP’s.

My RM380 along with my S&W 637 from their Performance Center.

Attachments

• 2 MouseGuns.jpg
    2 MouseGuns.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 0

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have 2 that I have shot. Sig 365 is very smooth, both trigger and recoil. Hellcat is a b**ch to shoot. Trigger finger bite between the trigger and trigger guard pinching the finger at each shot and very snappy recoil. Can't believe the difference between these 2 similarly sized pistols. Could shoot the 365 all day. The Hellcat maybe 1 50 round box or until my finger starts bleeding.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone out there enjoys shooting tiny little .380s and such. Personally I don’t like them… I guess they work as a “get off me gun” for people who wear light clothes with no belt. Nothing else

My dad came out to my place over the weekend, we did some pistol shooting. He brought his LCP, LCP Max, p365( better) etc. he likes small compact guns. Personally i much prefer a Glock 26 or 19 for carry 90% of the time.

Those 2 little LCPs are miserable to shoot, in my opinion. Sharp snappy recoil right into web of hand, poor trigger, difficult to be accurate at distance, etc

My dad hates the “fat grip” double stacks have. All while I’m consistently ringing a 12” gong at 35yds with my Glock 26 and he can’t hit crap past 10yds with that LCP haha!

I also disagree with these little mouse guns often being pushed towards beginner female shooters. Just because they are small, light weight, and sold in pink lol. Truthfully IMO they are one of the hardest handguns to shoot accurately!

It’s a get off me gun.. Slightly more range than just carrying a knife. In this category I’d rather go hammerless .38 snubbie with +p ammo. More versatile IMO
SWMBO likes the Charter Arms .38spc belly guns. They fit her hands well, and when she was younger was terrifying with that thing. Could shoot your eyes out at 20 yards or so. Arthur's pretty much taken her hands away these days. I got her one of the alloy-frame versions some years ago, and that thing hurts my hands. Mine are large, hers are small. We haven't gone shooting together in a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom