Does anyone actually enjoy shooting semi-auto “mouse guns”?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaloe

Marksman
Reaction score
I have an LCP, and had a KelTec P3AT. I shoot the LCP about once a month, just a couple mags for familiarization. I don't bother with fancy "defense" loads. It's a 380; FMJ for penetration, and be done with it.

I don't enjoy shooting it, but I do carry it (sometimes, anyway) and feel that if I carry it I need to be familiar with it.
The LCP does the job it's designed to do; deep concealment, GOMG (get off me gun). I don't anticipate having to use it, but...
I have a Browning .380 light weight very accurate, with JHP absolute!

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone out there enjoys shooting tiny little .380s and such. Personally I don’t like them… I guess they work as a “get off me gun” for people who wear light clothes with no belt. Nothing else

My dad came out to my place over the weekend, we did some pistol shooting. He brought his LCP, LCP Max, p365( better) etc. he likes small compact guns. Personally i much prefer a Glock 26 or 19 for carry 90% of the time.

Those 2 little LCPs are miserable to shoot, in my opinion. Sharp snappy recoil right into web of hand, poor trigger, difficult to be accurate at distance, etc

My dad hates the “fat grip” double stacks have. All while I’m consistently ringing a 12” gong at 35yds with my Glock 26 and he can’t hit crap past 10yds with that LCP haha!

I also disagree with these little mouse guns often being pushed towards beginner female shooters. Just because they are small, light weight, and sold in pink lol. Truthfully IMO they are one of the hardest handguns to shoot accurately!

It’s a get off me gun.. Slightly more range than just carrying a knife. In this category I’d rather go hammerless .38 snubbie with +p ammo. More versatile IMO
Live and let live, my absolute favorite is my GSG Firefly, fun and cheap, my carry is a G43

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I call the micro .380's and .32's belly guns. When bubba has you on the ropes, put it into their belly and pull the trigger.
I've carried a Keltec P3AT since the first generation so much that my work jeans have a pattern on the front pocket outlined just like a skoal can in the back pocket.
It was in a holster so nobody could see what it was.
Terrible trigger pull just like the Ruger model but it's a last resort gun IMHO that I never leave home without that can be concealed when other firearms can't. I live most of my life now in shorts and a Tshirt. Not many ways to conceal a full size firearm with that garb. Any firearm is better than no firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom