Does anyone actually enjoy shooting semi-auto “mouse guns”?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and bought a pocket .380! Got a great deal from a family member. LCP 2, w/3 mags

You just can’t argue with the comfortable carry-ability, especially in warm weather clothes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure the P365 is considered a Mouse gun, but I do shoot it more than I would say a small wheel gun. I have to make myself shoot it as much as my other carry weapons, but I'm accurate with it and I can usually get 100-150 before I'm done.

grizzlywinmag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know that anyone acquires a small caliber pistol (unless it’s a .22) to shoot for fun. I own an LCP simply because it’s always better to have something rather than nothing when a situation arises. Also, it’s not likely that you’ll get into a gunfight where you’re going to be shooting at someone over say, 10 yards or so and I know it’s lethal far past that.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone out there enjoys shooting tiny little .380s and such. Personally I don’t like them… I guess they work as a “get off me gun” for people who wear light clothes with no belt. Nothing else

My dad came out to my place over the weekend, we did some pistol shooting. He brought his LCP, LCP Max, p365( better) etc. he likes small compact guns. Personally i much prefer a Glock 26 or 19 for carry 90% of the time.

Those 2 little LCPs are miserable to shoot, in my opinion. Sharp snappy recoil right into web of hand, poor trigger, difficult to be accurate at distance, etc

My dad hates the “fat grip” double stacks have. All while I’m consistently ringing a 12” gong at 35yds with my Glock 26 and he can’t hit crap past 10yds with that LCP haha!

I also disagree with these little mouse guns often being pushed towards beginner female shooters. Just because they are small, light weight, and sold in pink lol. Truthfully IMO they are one of the hardest handguns to shoot accurately!

It’s a get off me gun.. Slightly more range than just carrying a knife. In this category I’d rather go hammerless .38 snubbie with +p ammo. More versatile IMO
They are terrible for teaching a woman to shoot...I made that mistake with an LCP. The LCR was better but still too much recoil. Sometimes for some women you have to go 22LR if that is all they can handle. She can shoot a G17, but can't carry it...22 is better than 380 if she can be more accurate and will actually carry it. I shoot the 380's fine, but none of these micro guns are range guns as you probably already know (but a lot of new gun owners don't).

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm, taught my wife to shoot handguns using a smS&W 642 Airweight and she didn’t have an issue. Did I mention while she’s 5’3” and weighs 115 she was also a world class gymnast and has hands like a lumberjack? 😂😂

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm, taught my wife to shoot handguns using a smS&W 642 Airweight and she didn’t have an issue. Did I mention while she’s 5’3” and weighs 115 she was also a world class gymnast and has hands like a lumberjack? 😂😂
Folks know better than to mess with wrestlers, because of the core strength.

What doesn't cross most folks mind, is that gymnasts and ballet dancers throw wrestlers around as warmup before practice.

Gymnasts and ballet dancers combine phenomenal strength with superb body control. Not to be taken lightly.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the Kahr PM9 9mm doesn't count as a mouse gun, but the comfort level of shooting it went up quite a bit after I pulled a bicycle tire over the grip.

That is the smallest I have except for a NAA Wasp which is just plain fun to shoot.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone out there enjoys shooting tiny little .380s and such. Personally I don’t like them… I guess they work as a “get off me gun” for people who wear light clothes with no belt. Nothing else

My dad came out to my place over the weekend, we did some pistol shooting. He brought his LCP, LCP Max, p365( better) etc. he likes small compact guns. Personally i much prefer a Glock 26 or 19 for carry 90% of the time.

Those 2 little LCPs are miserable to shoot, in my opinion. Sharp snappy recoil right into web of hand, poor trigger, difficult to be accurate at distance, etc

My dad hates the “fat grip” double stacks have. All while I’m consistently ringing a 12” gong at 35yds with my Glock 26 and he can’t hit crap past 10yds with that LCP haha!

I also disagree with these little mouse guns often being pushed towards beginner female shooters. Just because they are small, light weight, and sold in pink lol. Truthfully IMO they are one of the hardest handguns to shoot accurately!

It’s a get off me gun.. Slightly more range than just carrying a knife. In this category I’d rather go hammerless .38 snubbie with +p ammo. More versatile IMO
I have a Keltec P3AT. Still not real fun to shoot, but after having ported and polished, a lot more bearable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom