Does Anyone Buy Used Junk Brass Casings ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother ran into that problem last year. He bought a place that had a derelict shed that had enough spent brass to fill a 5-gallon bucket or two, but the place in Tulsa where he'd been taking the other metals said they wouldn't take empty brass. I vaguely recall it having something to do with the possibility of finding live rounds in the lot, but I couldn't swear to it.

I don't recall what he ended up doing with it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Build a little smelter and turn it into brass ingots. If you have enough brass it will be worth doing and won't take long to do. On top of that you will even possibly be able to get better prices out of the brass.

Or make some molds and sell it for a whole lot more than what you would get at the scrap yard.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ponca Iron hasn't bought it in years. Somewhere years ago a large live round went off and seriously hurt a worker at one of their sites and they stopped buying it then. This was the outfit at D'Arc Creek.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The presence of a live round or two is real. Several years ago, Yaffee Metals in Muskogee was in their normal process of working scrap metal, and one of the pieces was actually a small, live bomb from the McAlister facility. When it exploded, it killed at least one, and caused a number of fires.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No issues here in the city selling it.
I have even sold Standard iron and metal the spent primers.
But I have been scrapping with them since the 1980's

I only got 80 cents a pound on the 3rd of this month for some brass i had .. it was brass plugs and old brass lamp parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom