Does anyone carry Glock 43 on their ankle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried my J frame on my ankle for 3 years just about. Works fine and all, but I got to thinking... Would a Glock 43 carry just as comfortably? I once tried a G27 and it was awful.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ankle carry a BUG daily. I carried a G42 for a long time until I went to a P365. A G43 is the largest I would attempt. I specifically bought a G42 because I really didn’t want to attempt a G43. Regardless, the holster selection is going to be a very important factor. An Alessi or Sherrick is the only thing I have had any experience with that I liked. I tried several over the years that just don’t do it for me.

G26/27, I’ll bet that wasn’t too pleasant.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've carried my J frame on my ankle for 3 years just about. Works fine and all, but I got to thinking... Would a Glock 43 carry just as comfortably? I once tried a G27 and it was awful.
Is this your main carry weapon or a BUG (BackUp Gun)?

If it's your main carry and "works fine and all," I'd be wary of change (i.e. if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

If it's a BUG, I'd suggest a smaller 8-shot revolver in .22LR or .22mag, or a small frame 9mm rather than another full or medium size weapon.

Your call. Just my two cents. :drunk2:

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this your main carry weapon or a BUG (BackUp Gun)?

If it's your main carry and "works fine and all," I'd be wary of change (i.e. if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

If it's a BUG, I'd suggest a smaller 8-shot revolver in .22LR or .22mag, or a small frame 9mm rather than another full or medium size weapon.

Your call. Just my two cents. :drunk2:
Bug mostly. Since I have a bunch of junk hanging in my belt, sometimes I opt out of the belt holster if it's a bad start to the morning. I use a Galco Ankle glove.

Guess zi could see me trying a small .380 Friend of mine carries an LCP, but I think Rugers are ugly.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ankle carry a BUG daily. I carried a G42 for a long time until I went to a P365. A G43 is the largest I would attempt. I specifically bought a G42 because I really didn’t want to attempt a G43. Regardless, the holster selection is going to be a very important factor. An Alessi or Sherrick is the only thing I have had any experience with that I liked. I tried several over the years that just don’t do it for me.

G26/27, I’ll bet that wasn’t too pleasant.
How is the 365 treating you on the ankle? It's my current primary. I've handled neither the 42 nor 43, so not sure about the actual size difference.

And yeah, the 27 was painful at the end of the day. I gave it a full month hoping it would smooth over. Wrong lol

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is the 365 treating you on the ankle? It's my current primary. I've handled neither the 42 nor 43, so not sure about the actual size difference.

And yeah, the 27 was painful at the end of the day. I gave it a full month hoping it would smooth over. Wrong lol

The P365 is closer to the G42 in size. The G43 is a tad bigger. Ive been wearing the P365 on my ankle for about 4 months now after the holster finally made it in. The 42 about 16-20 months before that. It goes on in the morning and usually stays on until I head to bed. Some nights I might pull off my shoes an hour or so before bedtime, and it comes off with the shoes.

Edit. I carry the P365 on the ankle with a flat 10rd magazine.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made a trip to Academy yesterday to look at their Glocks and compare them to a j frame. I was surprised to see just how small the 42 was compared to a snubby, especially when considering the grip. I'm leaning towards getting one tomorrow during their Glock Week sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom