Does anyone collect newspapers and magazines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve recently acquired a lot of old newspapers and TIME magazines that my grandmother had kept in her attic for reasons unknown. In the box was also some old Telegraphs from the 1920’s that aren’t even related to any of my family. Was wondering the collectibility of the papers and magazines and if I should even hang onto them. I haven’t even gone through ALL of them yet but looking through the newspapers there is a lot of them from from the dates around the JKF Assassination and there are quite a few from WWII and even some during the depression era. They vary on which newspaper printed them. Some are Denver and some are from a few other papers that are in Kansas. I’d have to look again to recall correctly which towns. Some are even from Sarasota Florida.

Let me know what y’all think. Maybe some of you are collectors and would be interested?

Pic below of the Front Page of the Sarasota Sunday Tribune October of 1936

A891A061-CF8A-47CA-A0DA-37645887E8AD.jpeg

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Oklahoma Historical might be interested, or can give the word out to other organizations who might want them. You might call them Monday

Somebody somewhere wants them. That's the hard part, finding them.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Some of those old newspapers and mags could be worth $.

I need to go through them and see if their is a market for them. Some of them were pretty interesting.

One of them had a story of a Priest running away with a 16 year old choir girl. They ended up catching the priest and charging him but he only had to pay a fine if I recall and spend like 30 days in jail. After his time was up the father of the girl actually gave his blessing for the Priest to marry his daughter but there was a catch… the Priest had to divorce his wife he had of only a few months. I believe the paper that had this story was from the 60’s. I want to say the story was from Hutchinson.

Latest posts

Top Bottom