Does anyone else besides Taurus make DA striker fired pistols?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look into the Walther P99C AS. It is unique in it's mechanism. You have the option of carrying with no preloaded striker and is like a double action trigger pull. After the first shot if functions with a lighter preloaded striker trigger like any other striker fired pistol. You also have the option if the striker is fully released, a slight pull on the slide will engage the striker and the trigger moves to preloaded position. In the preloaded position it also has a decocker that will release the striker to the fully disengaged position. You can have a DA/SA mode or with a slight pull on the slide a normal single action striker. It's maybe better to look for a youtube video on its operation in case my explanation is a little hard to follow.

I forgot to mention you have full double strike ability in this system in case you encounter a hard primer.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
oh yeah, and i guess technically an HK p7 is a double action striker but.....yeah i mean that's probably a bit out of question.

have seen them come up for sale here tho, for good prices too.

i regret not picking up that Walther P5C here for like $2,500, but i just couldn't justify it.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aren’t Kahrs dao strikers?

My PM45 is a DAO striker fired gun but it only releases the striker once , if it fails to go ff you have to cycle the slide to reset the striker.

I have never had it fail to detonate a round though , just dry firing and cycling the slide like you would do with other handguns .

I did like that second strike capability when I owned my Taurus OSS 24/7 but overall I do not miss the gun itself

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh yeah, and i guess technically an HK p7 is a double action striker
I wouldn't call the squeezecocker a DA pistol because the trigger only releases the striker, it doesn't cock it. I do think it'd qualify in spirit for what the OP is seeking, though, if it weren't for it being out of production.

Latest posts

Top Bottom