Does anyone know how much a well and running electricity to a mobile costs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :)
fe37d0d56fe3a220bc7708b91af10e55.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some area's don't have water, or it's too deep to make it feasible.
We have a well with the water table 10' underground with unlimited water. 100 yard away our only neighbor's well can barely get enough water to make pressure. She had to put in a huge system of collection tanks and accumulators to get enough water to take a shower.
One mile away, the water is over 300'. The post to get someone that has drilled in the area is good advice.
Your electric depends on your COOP or may be covenants. Some require underground, which is more expensive, or overhead which is cheaper but less reliable in storms.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in moderately sandy soil; when I had a well drilled a couple of years ago, they found water at about 50'. Cost me just a touch under $7k.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go direct to the driller and not to a "well man." If you go to a well man he'll hire the driller and upcharge you and make a profit.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go direct to the driller and not to a "well man." If you go to a well man he'll hire the driller and upcharge you and make a profit.

Not always. My well man has his own drilling rig. He drilled a new well for my neighbor last year; it went down to 65' and with a new pump, my neighbor paid him $4K. Of course, the entire substrate was sandy loam, so the drilling was easy till they hit the gravel layer where the water was located.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a USDA site that has tons of soil data including water tables etc.

https://websoilsurvey.sc.egov.usda.gov/App/HomePage.htm

Click the green button, enter lat long, or address, establish an AOI or "area of interest" using the red outline buttons on the menu bar and read the report.

Pretty amazing tool for informational purposes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom