Does anyone like the auto stop feature on GM products

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have driven a Ford truck a few times with that and it fires right up as soon as you let up off the brake pedal and is ready to go before you get your foot on the gas pedal.

I do not care for it really but I do not like the door locks to auto lock either.
I like a real car key for doors and ignition and do not like the key in the column. I want it in the dash.
I do not like lock steering either.
I do not like power windows either If I have my choice that is.

I like keeping things simple.

But you don't get all the choices you wish for.
Especially if you go buy a car off the lot that is newer.

I drove yesterday for 20+ miles before I realized I was in a vehicle with a heater. So I turned it on.
Yep one of my rides I have not hooked up the heater yet.
I don't want to spoil myself you know.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I friggin hate all the new autodrive features.
I'm stuck in 10 year old cars, but when I chauffer friends in their newer cars, its annoying as hell.
My friends Subaru you can turn the stuff off but it comes back on next time you get in the car.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What y'all need is one of these.
IMG_4808.JPG

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mom, who passed away last year, had trouble when her steering wheel locked. She would be at CVS or wherever and couldn't get it unlocked. Usually would ask a stranger to do it. We tried to get her not to park against a curb, at an angle, etc. She was getting where she should not drive. She was not giving up her independence. I took her many places, but she would not stop driving.

Last edited:

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only experience I have with it is my girlfriends 19 Cherokee and I hate it. I will have my foot off the brake and into the gas before it gets started. There is an off button that is easy enough though.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can turn it off, can't you? Pretty sure I saw that in the manual I read for a 2018 once.
In every one I've driven, you can turn it off, but when you shut the car off for a brief stop (like running errands), it resets itself to ON. That's the part I hate, the auto reset of disgusting features that are worthless unless you drive in jammed-up stop and go traffic.
How would you like it if the radio reset itself every time you stopped, or the electric seat readjusted itself?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just throw a set of golf clubs in the back and pretend your trying to find your last shot. Crank up the stereo so you don't hear the thing shut off. That's what I do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom