1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Does anyone like the auto stop feature on GM products

Discussion in 'Gearheads' started by Preacherman, Feb 16, 2019.

1. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Ford took out loans for government mandated requirements. And, they didn't have to do a bankruptcy like GM and Chrysler.

As for the new features on vehicles, I don't like a lot of the nonsense that is put on them anymore. I don't like people relying on their vehicles to brake when approaching other vehicles, lane assists, and parking assists, mostly because they will get out of the proper habits of driving. I also don't like the new vehicles with fobs that allow starting without even using a key. Someone steals a woman's purse, and they then have access to her vehicle. And then, if one has put their "home" address in the GPS system, they could also have instructions on how to get to her home.

2. Aries

Aries Marksman

If they steal her purse they probably have her keys and home address anyway.

But there are legitimate security concerns about many of the new technologies. Some of it is scary. But older technologies had security holes as well, they were just different.