Does anyone's wife think they have too many firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait till you have to explain buying another safe multiple times. I know several people that buy their first and it ends up being too small and then buy a bigger one. That's easy to explain to the wife. It's the 4th thru 6th that makes them mad. After 6, mine stopped caring about it and said if that's what makes me happy, at least they have value.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait till you have to explain buying another safe multiple times. I know several people that buy their first and it ends up being too small and then buy a bigger one. That's easy to explain to the wife. It's the 4th thru 6th that makes them mad. After 6, mine stopped caring about it and said if that's what makes me happy, at least they have value.

You are a very lucky man.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My wife said I had to many guns and something needed to go, so I got rid of the wife. 6 years later I have a peaceful house.
I haven't had anyone complaining about my guns for over eight years now. The dishes and the laundry pile up now and then but otherwise it's been real nice. :D

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First let me correct the heading to make it acceptable for the PC –Woke culture we live in.

Does any one’s significant other think they have too many guns & ammo?
There I fixed it!

Back a few years ago I told my wife I was eyeballing a firearm to purchase and she said to me, “Dear don’t you think you already have enough guns? You’ve spent a bunch already on guns, ammo and reloading supplies lately.” I gave her a wink and said, “You know there are some things a man can’t get enough of.” She kind of giggled and said, “Do tell!”

Well, being a smart-ass I replied, “Honey a man can never have too much in the way of faster horses, older whiskey, younger women, more money and guns or ammo.” That went over like a lead balloon.

Needless to say, there wasn’t any hanky-panky for a few days. I think I should have left out the part about younger women!

Fast-forward to a few weeks ago………… Told the wife I had been looking at a firearm online that interested me and was thinking of purchasing it. She replied, “If that’s what you want, I think you ought to go ahead and purchase it. If you find you don’t like it, with way things are, I’m sure you’ll be able to get your money back out of it.” (You could have knocked me over with a feather)

I replied, “Heck, the way things are going with the price of ammo, reloading supplies, bitcoin, and real estate, I’ll be able to sell it for ten times what I paid for it.

An old dog might not be able to learn new tricks, but maybe an old gal can!

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!
Guns, Guitars and Gals. You can never get too much!

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife thinks I have enough guns. I disagree. I think she has enough dust-collecting knick-knacks. She disagrees. Our 40th anniversary was this past Sunday, and she got a pair of Noritake Studio Ghibli Totoro coffee cups from me. Sooner or later, I will be getting another gun. Also from me. ;)