Does anyone's wife think they have too many firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First let me correct the heading to make it acceptable for the PC –Woke culture we live in.

Does any one’s significant other think they have too many guns & ammo?
There I fixed it!

Back a few years ago I told my wife I was eyeballing a firearm to purchase and she said to me, “Dear don’t you think you already have enough guns? You’ve spent a bunch already on guns, ammo and reloading supplies lately.” I gave her a wink and said, “You know there are some things a man can’t get enough of.” She kind of giggled and said, “Do tell!”

Well, being a smart-ass I replied, “Honey a man can never have too much in the way of faster horses, older whiskey, younger women, more money and guns or ammo.” That went over like a lead balloon.

Needless to say, there wasn’t any hanky-panky for a few days. I think I should have left out the part about younger women!

Fast-forward to a few weeks ago………… Told the wife I had been looking at a firearm online that interested me and was thinking of purchasing it. She replied, “If that’s what you want, I think you ought to go ahead and purchase it. If you find you don’t like it, with way things are, I’m sure you’ll be able to get your money back out of it.” (You could have knocked me over with a feather)

I replied, “Heck, the way things are going with the price of ammo, reloading supplies, bitcoin, and real estate, I’ll be able to sell it for ten times what I paid for it.

An old dog might not be able to learn new tricks, but maybe an old gal can!

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or get her into shooting. Got the girlfriend into shooting, she's all about me buying ammo and reloading supplies. She's recently realized she like revolvers a lot more than her semi auto, and is all about me accumulating some extra wheel guns.

I find that if I buy a few guns in a short amount of time, I sneak them home and hide them away. I can then introduce them in a orderly manner, a few months apart like I'm being responsible. Or, don't tell them about it til you're selling it, tell them about the profit you're making, and then take a portion of the proceeds to buy something else, saving the extra or buying something for them. they never think to ask where the original gun came from and are excited about the new gun, lol. These are all things that have worked for me.