Does anyone's wife think they have too many firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has only a few pairs of shoes most worn out.
She tells me I need to get another safe though.
She also mentions when a gun is not accurate and the S&W 686 357 mag is the NOT accurate one she spoke of.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife does but it doesn’t keep me from getting more.

She bought me a Winchester M70 in 300wsm when I turned 40. Her present to me when I turned 50 was sending that rifle off to GA Precision for custom work and caliber change. I turn 60 this year, haven’t decided what seeds I need to plant yet....maybe a Vortex Razor G3 LPVO for my JPE.

We’ve been married long enough for her to know any new rifle I get will always have additional cost. When I bought my Tikka she bought my Bravo chassis and gave it to me for Christmas.

Come to think of it, I’ve got a damn fine wife.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was the last thing my ex wife did when she was leaving. She stopped at the door and said, Oh yea. I forgot to get "MY turty turty" as she called it (English accent). It was actually one of mine I trained her and let her use but i did not dare say anything as I was getting out cheap. She knew I had more.

The whole time i was thinking to my self as she drove off, HEY, that was what I was supposed to do. Throw some fishin tackle in the truck and grab a 30-30 and a Mark II and hit the road.

Last edited:

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Till I started seriously thinning the herd back in mid 2015 and she saw me heading to the door with another one to go sell the wife had no idea that I had as many guns as I did......truth be known I was kinda in awe myself. :)

When it comes to shoes she's probably the Imelda Marcos of Norman but she's more than earned every pair by putting up with me for 43+ years.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Till I started seriously thinning the herd back in mid 2015 and she saw me heading to the door with another one to go sell the wife had no idea that I had as many guns as I did......truth be known I was kinda in awe myself. :)

When it comes to shoes she's probably the Imelda Marcos of Norman but she's more than earned every pair by putting up with me for 43+ years.

Your wife and mine might be in close competition!!! Not only shoes, but purses..............don't feel guilty about my guns.......at least they are organized!

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yall mean to tell me that your suppose to tell your wife's that you bought something, dang knew i had been doing something wrong all these years, she has her spending money and i have mine the only time we discuss what to buy it when it deals with things like appliances in the house or a vehicle.