Does CLEET accept NRA Firearms Instructor for LEO training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys know if CLEET accepts an NRA certifed law enforcement Firearms Instruction to conduct a law enforcement agencies firearm qualifications? I know CLEET hasn't been offering Firearms Instructor courses like they use to and I've heard many LE agencies are sending their guys to the NRA course instead now. Thanks for any info

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I went through CLEET Firearms instructor school 15 years ago, the NRA used to certify all CLEET instructors as well.

When the NRA stopped recognizing CLEET, CLEET stopped recognizing the NRA.

That was how it stood last I knew.

This was the NRA LE program NOT the typical NRA instructor program whihc just about anyone can complete.

The NRA LE Instructor program was very challenging back then. I have not been in one recently however.

Michael Brown

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They did as of a few years ago for SDA instructor. Not sure if that carries through to your question. I went through NRA Pistol Instructor about 3 years ago with two friends. They went on to use it for the "required instruction" neede to apply for SDA Instructor.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys know if CLEET accepts an NRA certifed law enforcement Firearms Instruction to conduct a law enforcement agencies firearm qualifications? I know CLEET hasn't been offering Firearms Instructor courses like they use to and I've heard many LE agencies are sending their guys to the NRA course instead now. Thanks for any info

I'm waiting to hear back from them on that and will hopefully have an answer this week. I was told second hand that they accept it as far as an agency doing it's own qualifications along with FLETC training as well. They do give reciprocity for FLETC training and all you have to do is attend the Apprenticeship phase. Hopefully that is what they will say with the NRA LEO training as well.

DD10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear back from them on that and will hopefully have an answer this week. I was told second hand that they accept it as far as an agency doing it's own qualifications along with FLETC training as well. They do give reciprocity for FLETC training and all you have to do is attend the Apprenticeship phase. Hopefully that is what they will say with the NRA LEO training as well.

I know the NRA LE Instructor school is different from the regular civilian offered course. I've been told by a few agencies that they are allowed to conduct requalification for the agency but wasn't sure if that was true or not.

BadKarma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, CLEET recognizes NRA LE instructors for firearms qualifications. CLEET also honors NRA LE courses. My department has an NRA Pistol/Shotgun Operator and a Patrol Rifle Operator course that we do which is recognized by CLEET. Compare the two, you will find NRA firearms training a much more comprehensive program than CLEET.

swat-t

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can do requalification but the head LEO will have to sign off a NRA law-enforcement instructor cannot sign off on the requal a without the head of the agency signing Where a CLEET instructor does not have to have anyone signing off

Latest posts

Top Bottom