Does every new member think this is Gunbroker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bchance

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t worry guys, soon these idiots will be stuck holding several boxes of ammo they probably don’t know how to shoot after the distribution picks back up. I’m hoping that with the Remington plant up and running now for a couple of weeks and the suckers running out of money paying $1/round for everything they can get their hands on, things will start becoming more plentiful.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that's a very fair argument. My patronage was based more on what I get out of this forum away from the classifieds. There are multiple options available to search for guns online. I've benefited greatly from the friends I've made, and knowledge I've gained from the folks here outside of the classifieds. If the classifieds were deleted entirely, it wouldn't affect how often I engage with this site.

Same here. As stated previously, my first action of the evening when settling in to the forum, is to delete every ad from the classifieds without looking at them to get rid of the clutter and see what's being discussed.

I agree! I've bought a few things, and I've sold a couple of things here. None were life altering, needed, or at an unreasonable price. Almost all of my transactions were with what I'd call 'regulars' here on the site.

Some of the current ads I read are given a "good luck with that, buddy!". And some are given an additional Hail Mary, because they are surely an ad for the devil. Since this 'mess' has started, I've done one trade which I think was beneficial to both of us. I've also bought 2 new firearms --- one at a little less than pre-pandemic retail and one at less than actual cost. Maybe I'm cautious. Maybe I'm lucky. Maybe I'm glad that I really don't need anything. Maybe....

(Your results may vary.)

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once heard something funny about a southern way to sound dova-y that sticks in my mind.

Taken from UrbanDictionary:
Bless your heart
The most Southern 'efff you' there is. Can be put at the end of a phrase to nullify any cruelty.

And Wiki:
"Bless your heart" is a phrase that is common in the Southern United States. The phrase has multiple meanings. It can be used as a sincere expression of sympathy or genuine concern. It can be used as a precursor to an insult to soften the blow. It is also sometimes used to mean "you are dumb or otherwise impaired, but you can't help it" by individuals who wish to "be sweet” and do not wish to "act ugly".

I tend to avoid snarkiness in classifieds, I've gotten some verbals in the past.

But my classifieds go-to to replace Bless Your Heart is usually GLWS. I've noticed most of y'all don't use that one sincerely....

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are coming over from Armslist. I send out multiple PM’s a day telling them that we are not AL and they won’t get much traction with that $50 a box crap. Feel free to let them know.

What happened to this direction from a mod to just move on?

upload_2021-1-30_0-18-52.png

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good advice in above quote.

Some type of similar language would be helpful in the Classified section of the OSA Rules & Guidelines because I don't see differences of opinion by OSA participants on the moral legitimacy of the pricing of guns and ammo going away anytime soon:

https://www.okshooters.com/help/rules/

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, your replacement cost on steel “right now” is .40/rd, I don’t mind I reckon a guy making a dime...but I am pretty right when it comes to ammo. Hold in, I have become an old tight geezer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom