Does the Second Amendment cover edged weapons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this earlier today on HotAir:

"Arms" is defined as weapons of offense and armor of defense. A sword, knife, razor, spear, or arrow - anything with an 'edge' - is a weapon. Yup. The right to keep and bear edged weapons is protected by the Second Amendment.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, well until someone can tell me why "shall not be infringed" is ignored then I don't see why defining "arms" is so important.

It may not seem important but it is a fallacy the anti-gun-rights crowd is using to parse arms into many categories in an attempt to claim some types of arms are not really arms included in scope of the Second Amendment. There were arguments claiming cannon and bombs and such were not arms but were ordinance, and ordinance was not mentioned in the Second Amendment. Weapons too big to be carried or operated by one person were claimed to be beyond the Second Amendment's scope.

The Left's wordsmiths, obfuscators, equivocators and other purveyors of the Sphinctorial Arts have been at it for decades trying to disarm us with all manner of malapropism, vitiation, misnomers, litotes, synesis, fancy neologisms, and misleading tropes all in an attempt to demagogue their ordure into what they hope we will perceive as logical, viable, and comprehensive reasons why we ought to lay down our arms and kiss their feet.

They may kiss my ass. :NO:

Woody

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may not seem important but it is a fallacy the anti-gun-rights crowd is using to parse arms into many categories in an attempt to claim some types of arms are not really arms included in scope of the Second Amendment. There were arguments claiming cannon and bombs and such were not arms but were ordinance, and ordinance was not mentioned in the Second Amendment. Weapons too big to be carried or operated by one person were claimed to be beyond the Second Amendment's scope.

The Left's wordsmiths, obfuscators, equivocators and other purveyors of the Sphinctorial Arts have been at it for decades trying to disarm us with all manner of malapropism, vitiation, misnomers, litotes, synesis, fancy neologisms, and misleading tropes all in an attempt to demagogue their ordure into what they hope we will perceive as logical, viable, and comprehensive reasons why we ought to lay down our arms and kiss their feet.

They may kiss my ass. :NO:

Woody
Well they won't be disarming me so I am not concerned but I don't see anywhere in the second amendment that says if you are a felon you can't have a gun.....although I understand the responding it still says "shall not be infringed" so once you've paid your dues to society you should get a new start.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well they won't be disarming me so I am not concerned but I don't see anywhere in the second amendment that says if you are a felon you can't have a gun.....although I understand the responding it still says "shall not be infringed" so once you've paid your dues to society you should get a new start.

If there is someone who cannot be trusted with arms, they should not be let out of prison. We shouldn't have to 'prove' we can be trusted with arms to get one. All those adjudicated untrustworthy should be locked up until it can be proven they can be trusted with arms.

Woody

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there is someone who cannot be trusted with arms, they should not be let out of prison. We shouldn't have to 'prove' we can be trusted with arms to get one. All those adjudicated untrustworthy should be locked up until it can be proven they can be trusted with arms.

Woody
This is always the problem with regulation and why it's so problematic .....who gets to make those decisions?

I mean if the government makes the decision they can find away to get you on the no gun list

Latest posts

Top Bottom