Does this chamber look unsupported to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it working now?

IMG-1653.JPG

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There is the pic.
IMO no pistol truly has a fully supported chamber, some are more supported than others however. I would say that is about normal for my Glock 22, but will defer to @Gunbuffer for an actual expert answer.

Dave

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. I’m no expert, you got bad info off of that bathroom stall wall.
2. Eyeball says that looks about what some factory guns have for support. Is that a sig?

It’s really up to each manufacturer to decide what they consider “good enough” when it comes to case support. Looser chambers don’t need as much support there because the case as a whole can expand and take the focus away from truly unsupported places like there in the pic, just above the web.
Add handloads or crappy ammo or multiply reloaded worn out brass into the picture and it’s anyones guess as to what’s good enough.

Last edited:

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. I’m no expert, you got bad info off of that bathroom stall wall.
2. Eyeball says that looks about what some factory guns have for support. Is that a sig?

Glock 27.
People told me not to reload for Glocks because their chambers are unsupported. Dunno if it's a special barrel or something, bought it used leo trade in, but it has a Glock logo on it. Looks fine to me, but wanted to see what others thought .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks fine to me.

Back in the day Glocks were considered “unsupported”. But now about all auto pistols are the same. With .40/10mm a Redding GRX die will fix the brass and it should chamber in any gun. And Glocks are as easy to load for as anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom