Does this chamber look unsupported to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way back when Glock first started building 40 cal guns their chamber was less supported than that. Those were a little iffy from what I hear. But mine are about like yours is and I reload brass from it untold times. Im talking 10+ on some. There is a bulge buster die you can buy, from Lee I think, if the bulge bothers you. Ive never messed with it though.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason Glocks cuts the chamber so "loosely" to put it mildly, is to greatly reduce the chance of round sticking in the chamber during a fire fight, when several fully loaded magazines are shot in rapid succession. With a "tight" chamber, chances are you would never get your magazine emptied before it jamed, and if you did, you was considered lucky!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason Glocks cuts the chamber so "loosely" to put it mildly, is to greatly reduce the chance of round sticking in the chamber during a fire fight, when several fully loaded magazines are shot in rapid succession. With a "tight" chamber, chances are you would never get your magazine emptied before it jamed, and if you did, you was considered lucky!
MY GOD!
What else you got for us?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Weird. I must be really lucky all the time.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With .40/10mm a Redding GRX die will fix the brass and it should chamber in any gun.

And if you want something a whole lot cheaper grab a bulge buster. Use it with a die and slide the case all the way through and it works for most any rimless case that you have a factory crimp die for. For a 9mm luger you just pick up a 9mm Makarov crimp die.

Latest posts

Top Bottom