Does Wiltshire gun or anyone in Yukon/piedmont area have a suppressed ar I could hear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
8700B6A4-1C2B-4093-975C-535C058B79E5.jpeg
Still loud, supersonic bullet is supersonic. It’s not the movies.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Suppressed AR is loud even outside. If you want to suppress an AR you should go .300 Blackout and shoot subsonic rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good can won't cut the crack of a fast round, but they do cut the low frequency concussion. If you're up on your PPE science, cutting that low-end noise means you can shoot without plugs under your muffs. Get a 30 rifle can, shoot 223 through it, shoot 308 through it, shoot 9mm through it. Just either buy something fat or long.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on the goals goals and definition of loud.

A good suppressor will reduce the noise of .233 by 32+ DB. That easily will put the noise heard by the shooter to less than that of a .22 rifle shooting mini-mags.

Even my AAC mini-4 will reduce the sound heard by 22db which to the shooter gets it under 140db. This is considered hearing safe. Even on my 10.5” SBR, it makes for some serious noise reduction for a suppressor that adds less than 3” of length to the gun. I have used this combo in indoor classes and it is amazing how much more comfortable it is to the shooter, and other participants.

In the suppressor world there are many trade-offs. All things being equal, a .30 cal suppressor is heavier and bulkier than most .223 suppressors. They add may add more uses for the owner, but at an expense of weight and bulk.

The purchaser needs to consider these things.

The silencerco Hybrid is marketed to run on most anything .223, .308, .458 Socom, 9mm, .45 acp, etc.
but, it is a pretty bulky and heavy suppressor. While it will “work” on a pistol, there are alternatives that work very similar in a much more compact package.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the goals goals and definition of loud.

A good suppressor will reduce the noise of .233 by 32+ DB. That easily will put the noise heard by the shooter to less than that of a .22 rifle shooting mini-mags.

Even my AAC mini-4 will reduce the sound heard by 22db which to the shooter gets it under 140db. This is considered hearing safe. Even on my 10.5” SBR, it makes for some serious noise reduction for a suppressor that adds less than 3” of length to the gun. I have used this combo in indoor classes and it is amazing how much more comfortable it is to the shooter, and other participants.

In the suppressor world there are many trade-offs. All things being equal, a .30 cal suppressor is heavier and bulkier than most .223 suppressors. They add may add more uses for the owner, but at an expense of weight and bulk.

The purchaser needs to consider these things.

The silencerco Hybrid is marketed to run on most anything .223, .308, .458 Socom, 9mm, .45 acp, etc.
but, it is a pretty bulky and heavy suppressor. While it will “work” on a pistol, there are alternatives that work very similar in a much more compact package.

How do you like you Mini-4? I'm waiting on one now, gonna use it on my R&G rifle. The can an my SBR pictured above is the SDN6. It def cuts down on concussion on the 10.5 with the AAC brake

Latest posts

Top Bottom