Dog Bites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a Dog that will bite Strangers that come on your place or in your house? We have seen the Videos of inside dogs just run and hide, or don’t give a ****. I have kept dogs that will bite, and a couple that were questionable. This Shepherd has changed like most that I read on them, if kept as a solo dog in the environment he is in.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I am present or the wife is present the dogs we had knew we were the masters and if we let a stranger in the yard or house it must be ok.

Never had a dog act a fool towards someone I let in the house like many of my friends yappy little good for nuthin dogs.
Of course we had big dogs that had nothing to prove. Pit, Fila Brasileiro and Great Dane.
Had those breeds at different times.

They would bark if there was something wrong outside the fence.
That is their job though.

OH yea I remember a time when I came into the back yard and had my back to my Fila and the wife told her to Sick EM.
Man she closed her mouth in mid air at a dead run/jump at me and slimmed me with her slobbery jowls .
She would have got me if I had not turned around and let her see my face and call out her name Minie.

Wife said I did not think she would do that.
I trained my dogs for hunting and yea they know Sick Em.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve carried a dog in my truck daily for over 20 years, and I had an old female Lab in the early 2000’s that was better than any store bought security system if I was out of the truck. I never took my keys out of the ignition when I went in a store.

My current female Boykin Spaniel has developed protective tendencies as she’s got older, but I don’t think she’d actually bite anyone.

Back in the mid 70’s, my Grandparents had a wiener dog that hated Jehovah Witnesses and would nip their heals every time they came by. Ironically, she never bit anyone else.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Rottweilers I had as a young kid would've died for me without question. The Anatolian Shepherds we kept after that were the same but FAR more intelligent and really predictable escalation of response. They were really good at putting themselves between us and someone they didnt care for if we were showing our cattle to a potential buyer. They were also great at reading the cattle's body language and getting low and still to put them at ease. Truly an amazing breed for the farm, assuming you have a deer fence around your property to keep them in when the coyotes start talking in the next section over.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a 3 legged Blue Heeler that would let anyone come on the porch. My wife had a total knee replacement when the dog was maybe 4-5 years old and the day we brought my wife home from the hospital something triggered in that dog and no one, not even close friends would even get out of their vehicles let alone come on the porch.

Except for the Fed Ex lady, somehow our dog let her come up but when she handed my wife the pad to sign, ol 3 legged OB leaped up and bit her on the hip.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother-in-law had a very mean dog none of the mail carriers could even roll down a window.
Dog would jump or climb over any fence and be on you like stink on a dead coon.

I was at his house 2 times and found this dog very aggressive and decided next time I go there I will have beef jerky.
I went a few days later as we were building a go cart and a wood burning insert for his fireplace.
He was inside and I fed the dog from the window of my vehicle.
All he could eat before my BIL came out and seen what I was doing.

3 more trips there in 3 days and this dog now loves me and came to the vehicle wagging his tail not barking.
I figured I can now get out and go knock on the door.
Barking of his dog is what always alerted him as to someone being there.

He answered the door and said WHERE IS MY DOG!
I said right at the bottom of the porch.
He said he did not bark at you or keep you in the vehicle..NO I said he likes me.

BIL: He doesn't like anyone.
Well he likes me.

Yea that beef jerky won his heart.
He had no idea I was feeding his dog some goodies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom