Dog Bites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Protective, but obedient; yes.
I have no use for vicious dog.

Bulldog will bark one time, loud, booming bark; when someone walks up to porch and we are not in the room. He sounds like a 300# hungry meat grinder.
Let someone in, he doesn't know, he sits by Wif, between her and them.

Her chihuahua barks, when anyone comes in. Sets with Wif and will bite anyone (including me) that gets near.
This just started after Wif's cancer surgery.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. No. Encouraging/Allowing that kind of behavior is an accident/lawsuit waiting to happen and the dog ALWAYS pays the price. Dog owners never cease to amaze me ... (Yes, flame away -- I know your dog is "different" ...)

Unless you have had worked with your dog (like @swampratt and @turkeyrun ) you are just asking for trouble.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Protective, but obedient; yes.
I have no use for vicious dog.
Agreed. I have no doubt my dogs would bite to protect use but not in any other circumstance. Just the way it should in my opinion. My umbrella policy won't cover me if I own certain breeds. Luckily I can have my Australian Shepards and still keep a great policy.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. No. Encouraging/Allowing that kind of behavior is an accident/lawsuit waiting to happen and the dog ALWAYS pays the price. Dog owners never cease to amaze me ... (Yes, flame away -- I know your dog is "different" ...)

Unless you have had worked with your dog (like @swampratt and @turkeyrun ) you are just asking for trouble.
I expect them to follow my lead without exception. If I welcome someone into our home, they will be courteous or they can go lay down on their bed in protest. Anything other than those two options will lead to them being put in a submissive position until we are on the same page. So far, I have been able to socialize them to every guest we have had even if theyre nervous and stand offish (no signs of aggression) in the beginning.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. I have no doubt my dogs would bite to protect use but not in any other circumstance. Just the way it should in my opinion. My umbrella policy won't cover me if I own certain breeds. Luckily I can have my Australian Shepards and still keep a great policy.

Enjoyed our conversation yesterday!

AED7CCDF-001E-48F5-87D8-CEAE0BAB2D23.jpeg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've posted this dog story on here before, but it is so good, Im doing it again just in case someone missed it. My neighbor had this huge Rotwaller male, by the name of Rocky. This dog looked intemidating but was just not agressave at all. He seldom if ever barked, and liked to walk up close to people to get petted. I was working in my front yard one day, and this car pulled into my driveway. A guy got out with a suitcase, and came over to where I was working. He was selling frozen steaks! These are cow meat, and unnaturally red, with yellowish fat, and not fit to eat. I told him I was not interested, but he knelt down and proceeded to lay these frozen steaks out on a throw, on the ground. While he was knelt down, Rocky walked up behind him, quietly, and when he looked around this HUGE BEAST, was nose, to nose, with him! I could tell it scared the crap out of him, So why let a golden oppertunity side, I told him, DON'T MOVE, SLOWLY PICK UP YOUR STEAKS, AND BACK TO YOUR CAR. IF HE GROWLS, THEN LEAVE THE STEAKS, AND BACK TO YOUR CAR, BUT WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON'T LOCK EYES WITH HIM, AND DON'T TURN YOUR BACK! ROCKY ALLOWED HIM TO GET HIS STEAKS, AND GET INTO HIS CAR, AND HE HAS NOT BEEN BACK!!!!!!!!!!! We lost Rocky to old age, he was my kind of dog, he belinged to the neighbor, and would sleep on our front porch most nights. which made me feel safe!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Got bit 3 times carrying mail by little sneaky dogs. The bIgger ones are usually all bark. I used to have a Great Dane on the route that would follow me about half the day before he got tired. The first time I saw him loose I about crapped my pants until I saw his tail wagging.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I expect them to follow my lead without exception. If I welcome someone into our home, they will be courteous or they can go lay down on their bed in protest. Anything other than those two options will lead to them being put in a submissive position until we are on the same page. So far, I have been able to socialize them to every guest we have had even if theyre nervous and stand offish (no signs of aggression) in the beginning.

I dunno about the "submissive position" but everything else you've said I agree with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom