Dog Boarding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of folks on here have a dog or two so someone may have a recommendation or two. I'm going to need to board our Great Dane, about 100 lbs, 8 years old, for up to a week, dates are up in the air right now but it should be within a week. It'll be an out of state funeral.

I've searched online and found several places that do it, all look decent, clean, professional, as well as several folks on Rover.
Other than throwing a dart, has anyone used a boarding service and are comfortable recommending?

Thanks.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kinda stuck in the same boat myself, I need to get my Drahthaar Puppy boarded for maybe a week soon, and have no idea where to go. My Vet, whom I trust and respect, personally will take her GSP to puppy paws in edmond. Supposedly they have an outdoor play area and everything, its not just a cage to sit in for a week. BUT, I go over to their yelp and read reviews and I am unsure. I just have a really hard time trusting anyone with my dog. I heard Delmar Smith Kennels off memorial and eastern(ish?) is pretty sterile, no frills, but clean and good. I'm interested to see some responses, cause I have yet to find anything I'm excited about.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch out for the vet, they will make the dog take an expensive kennel cough vax that will give your dog kennel cough...I boarded two dogs and they both got the shot, got the cough, then brought the cough home and spread it to my other dog. It was a "live virus" shot and just like the nasal flu vax for kids, it can still replicate & shed the virus to other people/animals. Not sure if any boarding services make you give the shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom