Dog Diagnosed with Cancer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sorry I can’t help but to offer prayers. Trust me, I feel your pain.

Same for us. We had a large tumor removed from our old Black Lab 3-4 years ago and the vet wanted to know if we would like to send it off to determine if it was malignant. We declined and our lab lived for another 2 years or so until it came back and we had to put him down at the age of 13.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good vet that has experience with cancer in dogs in the OKC area?

Our 6 year old Bassett hound was just diagnosed with it. Still trying to find out more info about it, and our vet is good, but so far it doesn't look good so I just want another opinion.

Thanks guys

View attachment 206616

prayers for you and your dog

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is such a heart-breaking news. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Thanks, this was actually from a year ago, but appreciate it. I am not sure I updated the group, we found an awesome surgeon through Neel in Okc. She went in and removed a portion of the jaw and her teeth on her right top side. Sounds worse than it was, she is back to herself and can still eat and live a normal life

7C2991BB-486F-4FE8-9C5B-1B7B16A59E7C.jpeg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, this was actually from a year ago, but appreciate it. I am not sure I updated the group, we found an awesome surgeon through Neel in Okc. She went in and removed a portion of the jaw and her teeth on her right top side. Sounds worse than it was, she is back to herself and can still eat and live a normal life

View attachment 299911
That is awesome that your dog was able to be saved. I noticed it was an old thread and wasn’t expecting a happy ending but I am glad to be wrong. Dogs are the best. Have one of three snoozing next to me right now.

Reading these other peoples posts made my eyes a little glassy. It’s never easy putting an animal down. They are like little four legged kids.

Sure am glad your dog made it through. Give her a few extra pats and scratches for all of us.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Neel is doing the groundbreaking work that OSU used to take on. I dunno what changed but I'm just happy to have them right around the corner from the house. 😍
Yes they were great, You wouldn’t think it would be so hard to find vets willing to take risks but it is. She was the only one in the state doing this kind of surgery.

Also just a shout out to Nationwide. I have pet insurance through them for my work and they covered the surgery and everything we went through with her cancer such as tests/scans, ICU, medicine…100% which took some stress off while we were going through it. Couldn’t have asked for better service from them and we all know how rare that is in any kind of insurance company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom