Dog reunited with owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Losing critters than have been with you for years is painful. My last three died in my arms. I still have two that are elderly, one 16 and her sister 17.

Sorry for your loss.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a large pit bull/lab mix. He was a puppy. Sweet dog, just a large and powerful puppy. My wife and I were adopting and the two kids we got were scared of large dogs, not to mention he was big bumbling rough puppy that wanted to play. Anyway, we had chipped him several months earlier and then had to re-home him. We even found him a home with someone from this site. I told the guy that if there were any problems to call me. I couldn’t keep the dog but I would take him back and find him another home if needed. A few weeks later I got a call from a shelter in OKC. They had my dog and about to euthanize him. They scanned him for a chip and our info popped up. I went the next day from Tulsa to OKC to pick him up. He looked awful and was covered in feces. He had developed kennel cough as well. I spent several hundred more dollars on that dog getting him well. Thank goodness I had him chipped. It saved his life. I messaged that guy some fairly hateful messages. He claimed he had an existing dog that didn’t get along with mine. I have no idea why he didn’t inform me and instead dropped the dog off at the pound, but he did. I found him another home with an established member here. Everything went great with round two of re-homing.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dogs are special people, we have a rescue cattle dog that has a few anxiety issues. Slowly getting better and leaning she can trust we are not going to dump her and that if we leave we are coming back. When one of us is gone like the wife has been for the last four days she doesn't eat for the first few days and gets clingy to the one that is home. When the wife gets home we are going to go see "A Dog's Journey" should be good.

Hats off to those of you that rescue a neglected dog they sure deserve a better life than some durds give them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom