Doing Business with someone without feedback or threads posted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's really weird that he would suggest Paypal versus meeting up (in the thread). Also, the "feedback" he claims seems recent, and suspicious IMHO. Kind of circular on the buyer/seller side of that feedback loop. If they wanted to meet FTF and hand over bills that I thought were legit at a time/place that wasn't out of the way for me in case they bailed or whatever, then sure. But I'm not trusting any new person with an electronic transfer of any kind, at all, ever.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I go to meet one of you guys, I tell my daughter "I'm going to meet a strange man in a strange place to do a gun deal"
She rolls her eyes "Daaaaaadddd, don't die!" I tell her "I probably won't get stabbed."
Hasn't happened yet, thanks OSA!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No kiddin' ... it seems to slip folks' minds once the deal is done.
:drunk2:
On the other hand, I've started to not want to leave feedback too fast. For example, I got a 375 H&H on here a while back where it was advertised coming with a nice scope. I didn't believe it, and didn't figure the scope into the value, and sure enough, it was a $40 ebay special. I've also picked up stuff that immediately had to be sent in to the manufacturer for work. So it's a balance....I used to leave immediate feedback, but I've started to delay to make sure everything is up and up.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the other hand, I've started to not want to leave feedback too fast. For example, I got a 375 H&H on here a while back where it was advertised as a nice scope. I didn't believe it, and didn't figure it into the value, and sure enough, it was a $40 ebay special. I've also picked up stuff that immediately had to be sent in to the manufacturer for work. So it's a balance....I used to leave immediate feedback, but I've started to delay to make sure everything is up and up.
Ok... but I've never sold anything on OSA. What's the sellers' excuse when they have funds in hand? :D

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every time I go to meet one of you guys, I tell my daughter "I'm going to meet a strange man in a strange place to do a gun deal"
She rolls her eyes "Daaaaaadddd, don't die!" I tell her "I probably won't get stabbed."
Hasn't happened yet, thanks OSA!
Lol, yeah... gettin' stabbed was never a concern of mine either.

Good thing this ain't a knife forum... :D

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have PayPal. Been a while since I accepted PayPal. Do they still charge me as the seller for transferring the fund to me? Back when it was 3% I think
I probably haven't used PayPal since I joined OSA. Used to use it on eBay, but they upgraded the site where my dialup browsers wouldn't work. Couldn't even logon to my own PayPal account.

With OSA members, I've always paid cash FTF, or personal check by mail and offer to let 'em clear the check before shipping/delivering the item.

I don't know how many have failed to leave me feedback, but I'm guessin' around 30-40%.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you can see by my trader rating I have made a lot deals with a lot of you guys. I have met some really great folks including the OP and luckily have never had a bad experience.

We joined this mad house a couple weeks apart, you could find some deals back in 2005, I know I bought and sold a lot of guns and such in those days. Shotgun news was still good reading and ammo was cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve only made one deal that made me feel uneasy. Situational awareness and letting someone know who you were meeting and where, seemed to ease the jitters.

Turned out ok. But when they first pulled up and three guys got out of the car, not going to lie, I was eyeing the biggest one. Turned out to be the nicest one out of the bunch. Good times.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve only made one deal that made me feel uneasy. Situational awareness and letting someone know who you were meeting and where, seemed to ease the jitters.

Turned out ok. But when they first pulled up and three guys got out of the car, not going to lie, I was eyeing the biggest one. Turned out to be the nicest one out of the bunch. Good times.

I've ways felt that if I'm meeting someone and have a buddy or family member with me, I let them know. Golden rule kinda thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom