Doing Business with someone without feedback or threads posted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
@CapnD you speak amazing english for a russian spam bot. Welcome!

As for dealing with new folks. It really depends I have had some good deals with a couple brand new folks selling guns. One transaction the guy didn't' want to talk on the phone for some reason which is something I insist on if I think they may be sketchy or don't know them. I sent a quick pm to a MOD he verified best he could the guy wasn't sending messages from the Ivory Coast and let the guy know I was GTG and why I wanted to talk to him on phone. 100 miles later and I had a great deal done. As with any person new or old you should use caution. Also I would say 19% of members here you should never leave an open drink with them.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also I would say 19% of members here you should never leave an open drink with them.

Because I would drink that open drink.

I agree with the general sentiment that everyone has to start from scratch here, but the current circumstances don't exactly lend much in the way of comfort. OSA has always been the place where I would be able to go to avoid the gouging, crappy meetups, and lack of interaction found elsewhere. I made a killing on arms list trading up a few years back, but after 2 really iffy meetups and constantly seeing shady stuff going on i stopped using the site. I see the same people now showing up here, with the same mentalities. To a lot of the armslisters showing up this isn't a community or a forum to gain/share information, coupled with a place to trade/sell stuff we don't need to people for a fair deal. To them its another sales platform to make a quick buck or find a quick deal. I've even run across an individual a month or two back that sounded like they didn't even know anything about their product or firearms, which makes me believe that they were simply a reseller. We can choose to deal with established members and the like, but it doesn't change the crowd that we are swimming in.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read this thread with interest as I was the second offer on Mr. crrcboatz's scope. His only response to me was "You have no feedback and no threads sir. That makes me uncomfortable!" Clearly the banner shows I have two positive feedback events in which he didn't see. (green box in each person's banner indicates positive feedback and can be clicked on to see the details).
View attachment 192512

There is no doubt I am a new member and I understand any concern with new members given what is happening in the shooting community. In all due respect to Mr. crrcboatz, who is both a long time member of this forum and a site supporter, I felt he jumped to a quick conclusion about my potential intentions. As a result, I really appreciated the comment to him in this thread "Impossible to build a bigger community if you do not welcome new people."

Finally, what a great opportunity to introduce myself! Life long Oklahoma resident who loves shooting, reloading, hunting, fishing and the outdoors. I am a graduate of OSU (Go Pokes!) and a member of Oil Capital Gun Club.

I want to close with a thank you to Mr. ccrboatz, I have been pondering the reasons to become a site supporter and now the catalyst exists to become a financial supporter within the OKShooters.com community. Stay tuned!

See you at the Range!
Welcome CapnD! Thank you for sharing a little about yourself.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I never knew that trade stats are displayed like this. I only use my phone to access OSA so it doesn't show that way for me.
tapatalk_-1267592249.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never knew that trade stats are displayed like this. I only use my phone to access OSA so it doesn't show that way for me. View attachment 192531
Does it show if you click on the user name/logo and go to their profile page? You may have to scroll down a bit.

Stats don't show on posts for me either, 'cause I mostly run with JS (javascript) off.
:drunk2:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve only made one deal that made me feel uneasy. Situational awareness and letting someone know who you were meeting and where, seemed to ease the jitters.

Turned out ok. But when they first pulled up and three guys got out of the car, not going to lie, I was eyeing the biggest one. Turned out to be the nicest one out of the bunch. Good times.

Had that exact thing happen on a yukon meet, I can’t remember what it was we traded but it wasn’t high value, the buyer was open carrying and had two sons (big boys with him). I am easy going and just complimented his open carry weapon. Want offended, we all got to do what makes us feel ok, we are chatting with folks we know to be gunnys. And as we all know, human life has different value to different people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had a few dealings on here with members, new members, fat members, skinny members, ugly as sin members and the list can go on, I don’t discriminate. Only weird ones I have ever had is with one member, he a mod now!
I thought I was the ugly one, or the fat one. I’ll settle for weird.

Latest posts

Top Bottom