DOJ Releases Biden Gun Confiscation Order Legislation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a cousin that told me she was going to file something (in Iowa) that is similar to VPO. The net result was that her ex would be unable to possess firearms until the VPO expired, or he could prove otherwise and then get them back. I was surprised and asked "do you really think he'll do anything"? She said no. I said as in no chance? She said yeah. Apparently what caused their end was him cheating. Like most of us here, he liked firearms and was a hunter and collector. This was going to be a revenge act. I told her that I wouldn't do that. I said if I were in his shoes and that happened, I'd be LIVID. I said I'd fight her for everything in court. Child support, property division, etc. where otherwise I'd probably just realize I probably caused it and let her have more than my share. Thankfully, she saw my point and didn't follow through with it. A few years later those two even dated again for a while but ultimately it sounded like the wounds were too deep. However, this whole interaction with a person I know fairly well, and that I wouldn't have thought had a vindictive bone in her body, has left me realizing just how easy it could be.

There are some unscrupulous divorce lawyers out there who advise all their female clients to file VPO's as a bargaining chip. IMO they should be censured and if they persist, disbarred if that can be proven.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ALL gun laws are unconstitutional. Period. They do nothing to make us more safe. They actually cause more issues. Just like the crackdown on drugs. The tighter they squeeze the worse things get. It’s all about more control for the government. They always use safety as their excuse because they know most Americans are too dumb to realize it isn’t about safety. Another reason we are doomed as a nation.

I don’t care if their is so called due process or not, nowhere in the constitution does it say anything about the government being able to seize someone’s arms. That is a direct violation of the 2A. It amazes me how many supposed 2A supporters are ok with some gun laws. And folks wonder how we’ve ended up where we are.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, after almost everyone of these “incidents” there are family members, neighbors, co-workers, etc. with comments that they were not surprised, because of the “signs” that they had been seeing. Some even reported their concerns to authorities. Law enforcement can do very little with reports such as that. Sometimes loved ones step up and do what they can to prevent problems.

the Red Flag concept is a good concept, but there are too many potential areas of infringement on individual rights.

for the most part, laws are enacted because society has poor self control, and their inability to regulate themselves often ends up affecting others. We have a recent thread about a “mother” whose drug issues caused the death of her children.

So, we have instances of an individual who did not have their right to firearms “infringed” infringing on the right to live of other innocent individuals.

What do we offer as potential solutions?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ALL gun laws are unconstitutional. Period. They do nothing to make us more safe. They actually cause more issues. Just like the crackdown on drugs. The tighter they squeeze the worse things get. It’s all about more control for the government. They always use safety as their excuse because they know most Americans are too dumb to realize it isn’t about safety. Another reason we are doomed as a nation.

I don’t care if their is so called due process or not, nowhere in the constitution does it say anything about the government being able to seize someone’s arms. That is a direct violation of the 2A. It amazes me how many supposed 2A supporters are ok with some gun laws. And folks wonder how we’ve ended up where we are.

Well I'm OK with the current process. You know, the one they rarely if ever use because it places all the burden on the government. :(

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree 100%!

I once read a article where the author stated "there is no asterisk in the second amendment"!

There is no "key" at the bottom of the Constitution "*except for................."!

The so called "war on drugs" in reality is a war against lawful people!

I have saw it way too many times where a person is demonized if they prefer to carry a nice wad of cash!

Latest posts

Top Bottom