Domestic Violence Restraining Order Prohibiting Gun Possession: UNCONSTITUTIONAL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ironically, it was some dude that probably shouldn't have guns that brought the case. The challenge was heard in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in northern Texas.

It involved a guy named Rahimi who had a restraining order from a prior domestic incident. He was involved in 5 different shootings and was ultimately arrested. The police found he had the RO and he admitted that he owned two guns...which would be a violation of the RO and federal law. So this guy challenges the validity of the RO removing his 2A rights...

And the court AGREED! A lot of their decision, once again, refers back to Bruen. That is turning out to be a massively important case for pro 2A people.

Bob White

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of criminals carrying guns. But I have always thought it was wrong to pick and choose who had constitutional rights. Not to mention the fact that there are a lot of inconsistencies from state to state on what constitutes a felony crime (property crimes mostly).

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once again, if he’s dangerous enough to say he can’t possess a weapon, should he even be free in public? :anyone:
No they should not be, but the powers that be shut down the mental health extended stay places that part of the lot could be kept. then you have the closet cowards that would not have the courage to hurt anyone they are not in a relationship with, or could kick their ass. Repeat offenders that the spouse doesnt want to see charged or are too scared to have charges filed etc.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happened to me in Washington. When we got to the court, she admitted to the judge that she had lied... "Cause she didn't know what else to do".

He might as well have patted her hand and said "that's ok honey".

After that, when I spoke up... He told me to just shut up, cause it could be worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom