Don’t act this way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Some of y’all have missed a key fact here—the dude wasn’t just lowballing or borderline abusive, he was lowballing and abusive on an item that wasn’t even listed for sale. How, exactly, did he expect that scam to go?
See the first blurb on post #28. That's what these guys do...they scour forums for this stuff.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For reals?

Yep. For reals ... Like I hadn't already discussed it with Grumpy. 😂😂😂

In fact, the only deal I've ever made here that I didn't talk to Grumpy first was when I bought @AKguy1985 's Highway Patrol S&W Revolver from him. And I didn't haggle one bit. Because I already knew he takes good care of his **** and he is fair about pricing ... And I wanted to surprise Grumpy ... Told him we were going to get a dog but he wound up getting it outta me on the way up ... Lol ... Sorry bastard ...

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of y’all have missed a key fact here—the dude wasn’t just lowballing or borderline abusive, he was lowballing and abusive on an item that wasn’t even listed for sale. How, exactly, did he expect that scam to go?
And then to think I’m too stupid to know that getting rid of the patina via re-bluing on an antique firearm will add value to it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently I posted about an old model 94 30-30 that was made in 1914 and got some very good replies. I contacted the Winchester Arms Collector Assoc. (with pictures) concerning the value of said rifle and they gave me a range in value. I plan on selling the rifle one day but I don’t know when.

Out of the blue I had a first time poster PM me asking to buy it. I’ve been courteous with this gentleman even though he doesn’t know how to work a deal.

Basically, don’t tell a seller how bad it is and how much it’s going to cost you to bring it up to your standards all the while low-balling him. That’s not going to convince anyone to sell. Especially an antique firearm.

This is his last response. Clearly he knows nothing about antique firearms. His offer was $300, $35 for shipping.

psledoux

New to the site!​

rank1.png

I offered you $335 for this old rifle. The wooden stock has dents all over the hand guard. The blueing has been completely worn off. The rifle is in very bad shape. Let's not forget the social security number carved into the metal.

If the gun has been valued much higher, then why haven't you sold it ? You said it doesn't have any sentimental value.

I'm taking a huge risk buying this rifle sight unseen (except for the pictures you posted). I don't know if the rifling is still good. I haven't shot the rifle. I don't even know if the rifle is still sighted properly.

Offering $335 sounds like a fair price to me.

I will most likely take it to a gunsmith and have it taken apart and cleaned. I will also have the blueing redone on all the metal parts. The social security number will have to be buffed out of the metal. The wood will also have to be sanded and varnished. I'm figuring around $400 to $500 to restore the finish. Lot of work to get this old rifle back to factory finish.

I don't see how people think this rifle is worth more than $300

It's your rifle. You can sell it for what you want. But, I know you won't get more than I'm offering.

I'm also willing to pay you up front through PayPal business. All you have to do is fill out a PayPal invoice and email it to me. I will transfer the funds into your PayPal business account before you even ship the rifle.

I feel like I'm giving you fair market value. Otherwise, you would have sold this old Winchester by now.

If you don't want to sell it to me for $335, then that's fine. I tried to make you a reasonable and fair offer.

Thank you for your time

Patrick

Tell him that the difference in whatever he's offering and your price is an idiot tax and that tax is rising quickly.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$335 is ok I guess, for a beat up old 30-30 with a social scribed on it. But since you guys like bad mouthing the low ballers, which one of you is gonna pony up and give Jcann a thousand for it?? Otherwise be quiet about the $300 gun. Just remember the Dillweeds at the Winchester arms collector assn. will give you a pie in the sky value, but ask them to make you an offer -- it'll probably be less than $300
Remember there's the;
Pawnbroker price
steal it collector price
dealer price
retail price
insurance purposes price
They go from cut rate cheap to reasonable to unreal.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$335 is ok I guess, for a beat up old 30-30 with a social scribed on it. But since you guys like bad mouthing the low ballers, which one of you is gonna pony up and give Jcann a thousand for it?? Otherwise be quiet about the $300 gun. Just remember the Dillweeds at the Winchester arms collector assn. will give you a pie in the sky value, but ask them to make you an offer -- it'll probably be less than $300
Remember there's the;
Pawnbroker price
steal it collector price
dealer price
retail price
insurance purposes price
It's not the lowballing that offends me, it's the attitude. Make your offer and let it be, if it's declined then move on. It's not like an old 30-30 that is half beat is a rare thing. Hell, every other gun show or store has one. So why does he want it so bad? Because he is either trying to get it at price that he can flip it for profit, or he is just trolling. Either way, his manner going about it rubs me the wrong way.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember there's the;
Pawnbroker price
steal it collector price
dealer price
retail price
insurance purposes price

I'll badmouth lowballers all day long thank you. If they or you don't like it, don't poke the bear. :D

However, in this case I believe the lengths to which the lowballer or likely, scammer went to beat down the seller is insulting no matter how you spin it.

Should have just said I'll give you $335...... No?...... Ok great. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom