Don’t act this way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y’all must not get on very many message board classifieds, because the way Patrick approached Jcann is standard operating procedure now days. I’ve got to the point I hate listing stuff, because I know I’m going to be insulted. :censored:
I’ve never sold a firearm on this site or any other for that matter. His PM caught me completely by surprise. I thanked him for his initial offering and felt I cut him off enough that he wouldn’t respond but he just kept coming back more aggressive.

I normally don’t sell my firearms but I have a couple I inherited from my dad that he had bought recently at farm auctions/estate sales that I won’t ever use that are taking up safe space. For the life of me I don’t know why he bought them.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people get pleasure out of insulting others. Typically, they don't even want the gun unless you give it to them, the just want to assert their superiority complex. Since it's the internet, uncivilized behavior runs without consequences and just reinforces the attitudes.

I have no suggestions, other than ignore, delete and block.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My tactic when they lowball is I counter with an amount higher than I was asking. I don't get into any back and forth, not worth my time with a tire kicker.
That is exactly what I have done on the last couple of items I listed.
i've been liking the silenced replies so far.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make an offer, that is all that’s needed. No long diatribes needed, nothing need be said. Make offer and move on.
This^^^!
I look at the ad, decide what I'm willing to pay, then make an offer.
I will say that I take in to consideration how old the ad is, or how many pages of bumps it has.
Bought plenty, had plenty say No.
"Thank you sir".

Joe

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people get pleasure out of insulting others. Typically, they don't even want the gun unless you give it to them, the just want to assert their superiority complex. Since it's the internet, uncivilized behavior runs without consequences and just reinforces the attitudes.

I have no suggestions, other than ignore, delete and block.
My buddy that died last year had these tendencies, and it was embarrassing to be with him when he did deals. However, you’d be shocked at how many smoking deals he got by acting that way.
We got a table at Tulsa a few times, and he had no problem insulting people with offers on items they were carrying around to sell. I bet 75% of the people ended up selling their stuff to him. :anyone:

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y’all must not get on very many message board classifieds, because the way Patrick approached Jcann is standard operating procedure now days. I’ve got to the point I hate listing stuff, because I know I’m going to be insulted. :censored:
Yes there are some morally corrupt morons like Patrick out there, but it’s not the norm in my experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom