Don Carlton Honda "sick and tired" of "homeless" causing problems (Tulsa)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a long time downtown Tulsa resident, I'll offer them a ride to Broken Arrow, Owasso, or Bixby if I'm going that direction.
Another take, put them on busses to Mexico. Homeless dude, it's warm there, they got tequila and burritos stuffed in dumpster's for you... Give SA nations some of what they've been given us. Avoid the middleman, buy fentanyl direct from the manufacturer.

.41ae Guy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a life long resident of Portland, Oregon, where the homeless situation is out of control,let me offer this advice to you. The more "help" you give them, the more "resources" you provide, the larger the problem becomes. Since 2015 Portland has spent 1.7 Billion dollars trying to resolve it. What does that figure mean? Many/most who were homeless in a tent in 2015, are still in a tent today....despite EACH homeless person receiving $41,000 a year in aid. If you shut off the funding the problem just leaves, it goes away. They migrate to where they can get free stuff without judgment or penalties, like Portland where 81% percent are not Oregon residents.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another take, put them on busses to Mexico. Homeless dude, it's warm there, they got tequila and burritos stuffed in dumpster's for you... Give SA nations some of what they've been given us. Avoid the middleman, buy fentanyl direct from the manufacturer.
I don't go to Mexico often, but I will let them ride in the bed of my truck to any nice church in the suburbs that comes to my neighborhood to feed the strays.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't go to Mexico often, but I will let them ride in the bed of my truck to any nice church in the suburbs that comes to my neighborhood to feed the strays.
That is so inconsiderate! The access to fentanyl and cheap liquor is lower in the 'burbs, and when found much more expensive. Plus the lawn mowing will disturb the homeless while they are trying to get their needed rest.

Their already in the suburbs of OKC. What we're doing with the problem isn't working.

Thinking of buying a duck boat or double decker bus and charging $20 per person, dubbing it the "Homeless Encounter." At the starting point people can buy airline liquor bottles, syringes, socks and or burgers to pass out to homeless along the route.

Humor aside I really feel my post regarding a "workfare program" could be effective for many and a compassionate way for homeowners, business owners and charities to resolve the issue and benefit the cities and 'burbs.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa is in the midst of a homeless crisis and one midtown car dealership is dealing with the effects of it. The general manager of Don Carlton Honda claims some of the homeless people are getting violent, and he’s worried about his customers.

Sami Khalaf says he's sick and tired of looking at this homeless camp in front of his shop.

“Even the people are getting more violent," he told 2 News.

As general manager of Don Carlton Honda at 41st and Memorial, he’d prefer selling cars instead of dealing with people he claims try to get inside them.

"They've cut the lock to the gate, and they were trying to steal cars," he said. "We have trash cans outside. They leave everything on the ground and take what they want."

Most of all - he’s worried about his staff and customers, especially the ones that have to lock up in the evening.

Sami had recent video surveillance of a homeless person acting erratic near one of the dealership trucks from Sunday evening.

As 2 News was interviewing Sami on Wednesday, a photojournalist noticed smoke coming from under the bridge where the homeless camp was. The Tulsa Fire Department had to come and respond to the situation.

The city of Tulsa initiated a homelessness task force this year to look into the city-wide problem. Last month's meeting solidified that Tulsa needs more housing - of all types and price points. They urged if you or someone you know is having a mental health crisis, call 988.

2 News reached out to Tulsa’s Housing Solutions, who are also on the task force. They say the homeless population are in camps because shelters are at capacity, and have no where else to go due to the housing crisis. They encourage anyone with a problem to submit an assistance request to their team.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-new...ange-after-homeless-camp-formed-near-business
WHAT IN THE SAME HILL IS GOING ON? This epidemic is spreading, and far more dangerous than the so-called COVID pandemic! Look at all big cities, and some not so big, on the west coast! Whole sections of town apocalyptic looking businesses, with ZOMBIES wandering amelessly, or laying on the side walk! Being the old fart, that konws just about everything, the root cause of this is, SPOILED BRATISUM!!! Even our poorest people are afflicted with this deraded desese!! When spoiled brats grow up, and lose the partents that spoiled them, and the tit that fed them, they are not emotionally mature enough to take care of themselves, and become STREET ZOMBIES!! THE RESULT OF A LEFT WING VILLAGE RAISIING KIDS?

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of folks think this is the appropriate response.

Dude you have no idea how quickly this kinda problem gets out of hand , there isn't a great solution to the problem but when a community tries to "solve it " things go to hell in a hand cart in a hurry .

The best solution is to create a hostile environment, the homeless always go where the free stuff is being handed out and no one is bothering them.

servicing the homeless population is a damned good way to get more homeless than you ever dreamed possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom