Don Carlton Honda "sick and tired" of "homeless" causing problems (Tulsa)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said, I may be an idealistic dreamer. However many people tend to act more responsibly when given reason too.

...snipped

Don't work on improving this community? Those get kicked out. Want a shower and a clean place to live with heat? Gotta work on this or you don't get it.
The problem is almost always drug addiction. The addiction controls them and they aren't capable of rational thinking or actions. They aren't concerned with any consequences at all. Do you think they don't know about consequences for their actions? They know very well, they just don't care. The ONLY thing they care about is getting high and staying that way as much as possible. That's literally it, that's the one thing that drives them.

Until society starts realizing this and quits enabling them to continue on their current path, it will not stop. I don't care how much money is thrown at the problem, there are plenty of examples in just this one thread. No amount of free stuff, support or care is going to reach a significant percentage of them. There are only two possible answers. One is to make it impossible for it to continue and let nature run its course. Or to force it upon them by taking their freedom to continue. I don't see our society having the stomach for either and waking up myself.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. I offered affordable housing til it became unaffordable.
2. Taxes have doubled or tripled.
3. Due to criminal activity and other factors insurance has doubled or tripled.
4. Repairmen have doubled or tripled prices. Some won't even make service calls in certain areas.
5 people rather smoke dope or get drunk rather than pay rent.
6. Housing authority has adopted so many "Equality" rules it's tough to deal with them.
7. Foreign investors have purchased tens of thousands of home and taken them off the market.
8. Prices have gone up because the Biden administration pumped to much money into the economy.
9. Don't blame "Greedy Landlords" as I was making more money before this crap happened.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Logic doesn't apply to all things for some people. Freedom is great when talking about guns, but not weed. Feeding wild pigs is a terrible idea, but feeding homeless is fantastic.

Removing incentives forces the population to move to where the resources are.

Damn you and your logic sir!!

If I cannot donate to a charity with a 15% pass through rate or provide dead end solutions, I will no longer possess the ability to feel good about my moral compass.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had people from our church going down to Honduras for a few years (may still be doing it) and building structures for the people down there that were living in squalor. Each structure cost about $1000 and the people there were so appreciative to have something nice for a shelter instead of cardboard and tar paper. Those structures were simply four wall with roof and wooden floors and a door and window.

As for the homeless here in the U.S., maybe something similar could be done for them. After all, they are living in tents with no running water nor sewer, and I'd bet that similar structures could be built for all of them for less than what government is spending to "facilitate" the homeless.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had people from our church going down to Honduras for a few years (may still be doing it) and building structures for the people down there that were living in squalor. Each structure cost about $1000 and the people there were so appreciative to have something nice for a shelter instead of cardboard and tar paper. Those structures were simply four wall with roof and wooden floors and a door and window.

As for the homeless here in the U.S., maybe something similar could be done for them. After all, they are living in tents with no running water nor sewer, and I'd bet that similar structures could be built for all of them for less than what government is spending to "facilitate" the homeless.
I'm in the wrong business:

https://therealdeal.com/la/2020/12/14/la-pays-big-bucks-to-build-tiny-homes-for-homeless/

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the wrong business:
the west coast is ludicrous. I know a guy who was doing a wildland stint for washington state and his stories were crazy. Brutal, terrible, and outright crazy. He said the money spent by the state on each individual transient is 10s of thousands every year also.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you read the article it indicates the cost of the "home" is actually $8600, it's the millions to develop the site that drives the cost to $133K.

A development like this typically requires the resident to adhere to specific "rules", that is where this falls apart. The folks that want help, will, those that are addicted will not and be back in a tent somewhere.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putting mentally ill people and drug addicts into tiny homes gets rid of the tents, but does nothing to address the fact that most of them are beyond repair.

Instead of sending billions to Ukraine, how about reopening up mental asylums?

One of the reasons we now have a homeless "epidemic " in America is because you guessed it ... Democrats specifically Carter then later the Clintons under the auspices of community mental health treatment started the push to shut down large mental health facilities . Brother Bill was instrumental in shutting down hundreds of asylums

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom